2018 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 Hybrid model:

Best Safety Features in Class
By NAS

2018 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Perfect for city driving and light utility

Love This SUV!
By Jenny

2018 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is our second Toyota hybrid. Gifted our 11 y.o. Camry Hybrid after many miles and zero trouble, so we were interested in another Toyota hybrid. Drove the RAV4-H and loved it, but thought that we should also give the highly acclaimed 2018 CRV a try (we also own a recent CRV). The CRV is an excellent SUV, but we were leery of the long term reliability of a turbo engine and our past Hondas (4) have not lived up to their mpg ratings. Bought a RAV4-H Limited w/Adv. Tech. Package. Very happy with this car, getting 30+ mpg around town, which is only about 10% less than our former Camry-H. Quiet, smooth, comfortable, feels very safe. One significant Con to be aware of is that the Premium JBL Audio is nothing to write home about, mediocre sound at best (the Honda CRV Touring's premium sound system is no better), not worth the extra money. Minor Con, there is only 1 USB, which is tethered to the Entune system, whereas the CRV has lots. Added two Amazon USB adapters, one to the front 12V jack, another to a rear console 12V jack (for rear seat occupants), and all is good. Another minor Con that none of the reviews we read mentioned, the dashboard casts a significant reflection upon the lower part of the windshield in strong sunlight (the CRV has this issue, too). Dashboard mat on order. Other than these minor issues, we love our RAV4-H, especially when driving past our neighbors filling up their SUVs at the local gas station!

Why we won't be buying this vehicle.
By Riv

2018 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We wanted to love this vehicle. We've had a Matrix and a Prius and we wanted a Toyota to be the next vehicle we buy. Living in a mountain town now, we need a higher, sturdier vehicle. This Limited is fabulous but for one problem: The back seats DO NOT fold down flat. What? I asked the salesman on the lot and called back to be sure: The back seats fold down to an awkward angle for hauling groceries, ice chests, etc. Too bad. Our Matrix and Prius are almost always in that position: back seats down for a large, perfect area for loading. Not this Toyota.

Can’t see the speed ometer during the day
By Ron

2018 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The speedometer is impossible to see during the day, but easy at night. The car is comfortable, lots of leg room on the passenger side. That’s where I sit, I am 6’2” . I have to use a walker and it fits sideways and allows for room for luggage and groceries. I ride a recumbent trike, it fits with the front wheel on the consol. Just lock the rear wheels, strap it down with bungee cords and go. We have the hybrid, it doesn’t get the mileage that the Prius did. But for an SUV it does OK ! Haven’t had it that long to see what all it does. Except for the speedometer problem we love it. We are getting 28.6 with 523miles so far.

All the bells and whistles
By JB

2018 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love this car! Getting even better mileage than I expected. The only thing I miss is having a rear windshield washer. The rest rocks! Acceleration is good if you don’t mind a drop in mileage. I like to see how high I can get it. 36 mpg so far. It’s teaching me to drive more conservatively.