Used 2006 Toyota Matrix Consumer Reviews

$2,900

Used Matrix for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

SUV/CUV traits in a fun compact!

Marvin, 05/02/2007

Only complaints are nit-picks. Car rides smooth and quiet, MPG is good for AWD, but fuel tank small (~300 mi range), seats are supremely comfy, lots of int storage, adjustable driver seat height, flexible cargo area, and great build quality. When compared to a sedan of this class, it feels more spacious, looks cooler, is more practical, and has AWD. Looks sportier than it is. Steering and suspension are great, but not sporty. Engine power is just OK (more power, lower MPG, so I'm OK w/ this). It has the industry's worst tonneau cover - borderline useless. 6-CD in-dash player won't play MP3 CDs and doesn't have aux-in.

Great car for the money

Jockeyfox, 04/07/2007

I traded in a large truck for the Matrix. I travel 100 miles a day and wanted a fuel efficient vehicle. This car filled the bill. If I set my cruise on 65, it can get 35-36 mpg, average 33. I thought I would miss the truck's cargo capacity, but so far, it has been fantastic. I can't believe how much I can get in it. The only problem I have had is with the paint. The car is white and there are about 8 chips on the front and hood already with only 20,000 miles. Other than the paint, I really love this car, especially when gas is $3.00 a gallon.

2006 Matrix 5 speed

sprice, 05/04/2007

Unbelievable fuel economy and interior space. Fun to drive, handles well. Not much acceleration at turnpike speeds (which is one reason why it's so stingy with gas), but pretty peppy below 60 mph.

Matrix Review

payultr, 06/10/2007

Comfortable to drive and well laid out on the interior. Very spacious when the back seat is folded down. MPG is excellent, I average 40 mpg on long trips!!

Practical and Functional

Seth, 10/11/2007

I traded in my 2001 Celica for this, mainly because I wanted something with more utility while maintaining the fuel economy I had become accustomed to. Engine is weak in low revs, better as they build, and the transmission upshifts way too soon when merging or passing. The interior makes this car worth owning, for sheer cargo space, you'd be hard pressed to find something this light and economical with this much space. Handles well. I'd gladly buy the upcoming replacement, as long as it gets more grunt, a better transmission, and disc brakes in the rear. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone, knowing that my only hang-ups are its lack of sportiness.