Used 2001 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Initial
By FM

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

No specific additional requirements.

2001 Toyota Celica GT
By Wayne m.

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

250,000 miles. Going strong..the bodywork deteriorates with time...door handle disintergrating lolol. Gas tank flip cover hinges corroded n cover fell off..but car is going STRONG

The most fun I've ever had in a car
By gigi1974

2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My 01 turns 15 years old this January. It has almost 180k on the odo and has had all maintenance Toyota suggested; all done at dealerships or buy a certified Toyota/Lexus mechanic. I have recently decided to mod into a show car. This car runs like new has minor rock chips and leather wear. At 15 as it sits, it's an A+ ride. The handling is outstanding, braking excellent, and acceleration is exillerating. This is by far the most fun I have ever had driving a car.

It's very red. 6 speed transmission, leather, sound system, and best of all sun roof!

Better seating. Front seats take a lot of tinkering to get comfy and good clutching while still seeing to road. The back seats just need a lil head room and a bit of knee space.

Awesome!
By celiboy

2001 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got this as my first car. Love the styling! Very beautiful car. The styling is great but this car is quite slow. It is not very fast in a straight line at all, but when you get to some corners it really comes alive! This car handles extremely well! For me it makes up in handling for what it lacks in power. Great first car for anyone. Get the manual! Great gas milage. I love this car very much.

The seats are amazing in this car. Love the weight in the steering. The 2400lb weight.

More power! Better tires! Brakes lack sharpness. Padding on the center armrest.

One of the best cars I have ever owned
By m3matt

2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2001 Celica GTS back in 2004 or 05, cant remember.
I bought it from the Toyota Dealership as a certified used car and had roughly 50K miles on it.
Had the car for about 5 years.
I always changed the oil at regular intervals as well as other routine maintenance.
I used to drive over 100 miles a day to and from work for over 3 years. Also weekly trips for 4 years to visit my girlfriend on the weekends who lived over 100 miles each way.
In the summer of 2010 the car was in an accident and totaled.
I had over 240K miles on it and it still had the same power as the day i bought it.
Only thing I ever had to do was replace the clutch at 185K miles but that happens on any manual.

Great on gas and pretty peppy for the 1.8L engine.

I just wish they would have kept making them. They really are a good car,