2021 Toyota C-HR Consumer Reviews

$21,695

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Best Toyota I have owned so far

Mike, 01/04/2021
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is my third Toyota (Yaris, Corrolla(2)) and thought we would try something different. We got the premium package Bronze oxide and its a great car. Rides high and smooth. We really enjoy driving the car and the newest safety features are a good improvement over the 2017 we had. Especially like the blind spot indicators on the mirror. Some reviewers say the engine is lacking but I am not a race car driver and don't need to do 120 to Costco on the weekend. I can pass any cars/trucks I need to on the highway so that is all I need. We would recommend this car and look forward to driving it more.

5 out of 5 stars

Surprisingly comfortable and refined for its size

PaulC, 04/13/2021
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Rented an XLE for a week and drove it 710 miles. I was really surprized this little car offers near 2021 Camry levels of ride comfort and quietness and far better seat comfort. After 2 straight hours of freeway driving I did not feel sore because the front seats of the CH-R somehow make the pressure points vanish. The newer Camry's, by contrast, have hard, fatigue inducing seats., Like the new Camrys, the CH-R feels isolated from alot of road harshness and vibration which also helps reduce long distance driving fatigue. The interior noise level of the CH-R at freeway speeds is also near Camry-like - a pleasant surprise for such a small car. Around town the CH-R is fun because it's so nimble. My only minor gripe with the car is the right rear quarter visibility is poor and the highway fuel economy is mediocre (31 MPG vs 39 for the Camry). However, the CH-R's 4 cyl engine is an old school design that should be less costly to maintain as compared to the Camry's high tech 4 cyl. I should also mention the CH-R is also smoother and quieter riding than the larger Rav4 and it's seats are more comfortable to boot. For these reasons, I would never consider buying a Rav4 (too truck-like), but I would definately want to buy a CH-R knowing it could double as both a grocery getter and comfortable long distance cruiser.

5 out of 5 stars

Safe for first time drivers

D. De Leon, 02/08/2021
LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

It’s totally recommended! Price is cheap, very reliable, and of course it’s safe for first time drivers like me. It’s almost the same feature compare to XLE but the only difference is LE doesn’t have Smart Key and it’s steel wheel compared to alloy wheel. Also, cool features like CarPlay; also the warning brake when you’re close to a car and your speed wasn’t decreasing; the lane switching with automatic steering assist although it’s sometimes annoying because every turn you need to turn signal lights on (which is the right thing to do) so people around you knows where you’re going; it also know what speed limit the place is, also if there’s a stop sign; and it also has automatic high beams. So far owning this car gives me the safety I need.

ad labelAd
Build Your C-HR
At a Glance:
  • 5 Colors
  • 4 Trims
Build and Pricetoyota.com
Prototype shown with options using visual effects.

love this CAR!!!!!!

lynda j, 06/14/2021
XLE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Love everything about this car....it is totally perfect for the non herd follower.....after reading may of the professional reviews was a little leery....like the guy from consumer report did not like where the back door handle is placed.....really:) that is one of my favorite things!!!! this is a fabulous and fun car....fyi my other car is a 2012 mini cooper turbo clubman......i like iconic cars.....enjoy your ch r when you can find one to buy......

Sporty and fun

Sandy R, 04/23/2021
Limited 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

For a 4 cylinder crossover it has plenty of get up and go! Very stylish and classy yet funky. Super comfortable and fun to drive!