2018 Subaru WRX Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Subaru WRX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific WRX model:

My new ride
By Natalie

2018 Subaru WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I highly reccomend the upgrade on the shifter.

My Affordable Dream Car
By TomVangTV

2018 Subaru WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Check out my YouTube channel on realistic ownership perspectives and how to buy a Subaru WRX under MSRP @ YouTube.com/TomVangTV. I saved up 3 years to finally be able to afford this WRX. It is very refined, pretty quick, and an all-around Jack of all trades. I can’t praise this vehicle enough. Get behind the wheel of this car and you will understand what I mean. I average 28-30+ MPG on a full tank premium at 400 miles off this car. It is fast when I want it to, and tamed when I want it to. It gets attention and there’s no buyer’s remorse. I promise you this vehicle is very solid. And worst case scenario if this car doesn’t fit your need, the slow rate of depreciation will help get you back on your feet.

2018 WRX STI
By RuDdOgG

2018 Subaru WRX STI Limited w/Wing 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great performance car, but aging in technology.

2018 wrx base model review
By Wrx owner

2018 Subaru WRX 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This review is within my 1st 1000 miles. The only thing I'm not liking is the shifting,clutch catch point, and the sloppy throttle response. Along with the a.c. going full blast EVERY TIME you turn on the fan. But as far as the transmission, it feels a bit clunky, heavy pedals, heavy shifting. Which is something I'm new too. If you purchase this vehicle you won't be sad. That said make sure to test out clutches on them. Try over 10 models, they all feel different. At least for me they did.

There is nothing like an STI!
By Tommy Janow

2018 Subaru WRX STI Limited w/Wing 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a real car! I ordered my 2018 from the dealer as soon as ordering opened up in early 2017 and I took delivery in late June. I did my research and test drove a lot of different cars. My top 3 choices were the 2018 WRX STI, a 2017 Chevrolet SS, or a 2013-2015 used Camaro ZL1. I decided on the STI because it was still a blast to drive but retained some functionality the other two choices lacked. This car has been fantastic and I couldn't be happier with my choice. Daily driving the STI is fun, it makes you look forward to your commute (although I must say sitting in gridlock traffic is kind of lame with a manual), and it connects you to the road in a raw pure form. The steering is heavy, the gearbox is firm, the pedals are spaced perfectly for heel-toe downshifts, what more could you want? I have almost 9,000 miles on my car now and I've enjoyed them all. I'm not saying this car is perfect because no car is. This car is a great all-around vehicle. I've packed 5 people in my car with no complaints. I have fit all of my firefighting gear in the trunk with no issues. So far the car has been extremely reliable and never failed to do anything I've asked it to. Front, side, and rear visibility is great... very easy to look ahead in corners. After driving the car for quite some time the only beef I have with the STI is this: the Recaro seats don't grip me as much as I would like (I'm 5'9 150lbs) but a CG seatbelt lock fixed this. The chassis could easily support 350 hp, the EJ motor is great in my eyes and it is NOT slow, but it could easily use more power. If entertainment/head units/gas mileage is an issue for you, you might be saddened because the STI doesn't have the best of any of these... but that's not what this car was built for. This is a great car and I encourage anyone looking to buy one to get out there and test drive one!