Used 2017 Subaru WRX Consumer Reviews

Used WRX for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Awesome

Roland, 08/12/2016
STI Limited w/Wing 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I drove the 2017 WRX and the STI,and I have to tell you,the only reason I bougt the STI is because it sound better,if feels better,and performs better.that simple,my STI limited it has everything I want on a car.It's been 2 years now and I had drove the car for about 10000 miles and I just recently change the oil and the car is still brand new,I think it sounds a little louder, when I turn it on everything rattles inside of my house and I have not done any performance at all but what can i say I love my STI. Recently I broke my foot and I can’t drive it so my wife has been driving the car around, She get a lot of compliments but She hates the car because it’s too loud, She loves the looks.

Transmission Issues after 12,000 Miles

Emily Hamblen, 05/25/2017
Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

In July 2016 I bought my first new car, a 2017 Subaru WRX. In March 2017, after 12,000 miles, I noticed a vibration in 4th gear. I brought the car to Patriot Subaru where they pulled the transmission to correct the issue under warranty. A week later the transmission started to whine when accelerating. I brought the car back to the dealership where it was determined that the majority of my transmission needed to be replaced. This occurred on April 25th. Now a month later the car is still sitting at the dealership because parts are backordered. I contacted Subaru and was put in contact with Grant Noble. For two weeks Grant has been unable to address the issue or expedite the parts. I am extremely dissatisfied with this product.

Fun car with a few downsides

Nick, 05/12/2017
Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is my second Subaru WRX. My first was a 2016 base model with the 6 speed manual. I originally got rid of the 2016 because I was sick of daily driving a manual transmission car in traffic. I traded it for a 2017 Premium trim with the CVT. The Premium trim has a few nice extras like a sunroof and fog lights and the car is built well and has a good firm ride and feels sturdy. The big problem I have with this car is that the CVT. It just doesn't belong in this car. I like that it has 3 driving modes that you can choose from but the shifts are noticeably artificial. My second problem is the fuel economy. I thought the CVT would help the mpgs over the manual but its actually worse. I was averaging 22-23 mpg in the city with the manual and the CVT is averaging 18-19 in intelligent (economy) mode. I absolutely love this car with the manual, especially if you live someplace where you can really use it and have fun with it. At this point I really regret getting the CVT.

Speedy!

Aaron Comins, 01/28/2017
STI Limited w/Wing 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Awesome car and i mean awesome! Extremely fast and exhilarating to drive. Few cons are non heated steering wheel and nav Screen is small.

Best combination of fun and value!

Matt, 04/08/2017
STI Limited w/Low Profile Trunk Spoiler 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Pound for pound and dollar for dollar, nothing rivals this car. It performs like a Corvette (actually outperforms a Corvette in bad weather) but you can get two of these for the same price. I'm too old for a car with a wing-- I think they look silly-- but when Subaru added the option of a lip spoiler instead of the wing I went ahead and made the purchase. The back seat is plenty roomy for two adults (or a baby seat or two). Note that it ships with summer tires, so if you live somewhere that gets below 45 degrees you'll need a second set of tires and rims. Also, you'll need the center arm rest extension for comfort, but be warned that the Subaru arm rest extension will replace your nice padded carbon leather/red stitching with cheap black plastic. Get the JDM dual console arm rest extension from subispeed instead-- it gives you the same higher elbow support but it allows you to reuse the original console lid, preserving the overall look and feel. Update: still love to get into this car every time. My son and I took it on an epic four day road trip from Chicago to the west coast. It's fine if a bit loud on the interstate, but it really shines on the twisty two lane roads. Very comfortable seats, the interior controls have before intuitive, and with new all season tires the road noise is lessened. Update 10/10/2018: A year and half into owning the car, I'm still thrilled to get into it every morning. One drawback: the navigation system is garbage. But with Google maps on my phone, I have a perfectly adequate workaround.

12345...8