2020 Subaru Crosstrek SUV Consumer Reviews

$22,145

Save as much as $2,699
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Subaru 2020 improved

Second Subaru , 02/26/2020
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Subaru listened to the consumer. I just purchased a limited model. The new true red. Love it. The back up camera is larger and you can see more angles when backing up. This vehicle now has the automatic door locks- a must have... and there is a sport control that gives the Crosstrek a little extra punch if you want it. Has all the previous features with eyesight, cruise, blind spot notification. Great vehicle with all the safety features as well.

A great so called small SUV

dogwede, 01/18/2020
Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I just picked up my 2020 Pure Red Crosstrek. I love the cloth seats, very nice along with great back seats.For me, being 5ft 8 in size was never a problem. It work very well with all the added extras you can pick up. It seats high enough so you can see whats up ahead. And the Subaru AWD is just wonderfull. The cargo space is just what me and my wife need So do your home work and look into a Crosstrek. So many people complain that its not this or that. All I have to say is , why did you buy it. Its a great car and what it has for the money is so much more than other brands. And you know what. You can get red paint at no extra cost!

pleasant surprise

wilf, 12/17/2019
Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

like everything about this car except steering wheel controls. too crowded; always hitting some button unintentionally, the sport model has nice wheels. and better spoiler,pros keep saying it needs more power , i disagree, for 90% of people the power is fine. i have owned 41 cars so far, and i really like this one. .

Ad
Build Your Crosstrek®
At a Glance:
  • 9 Colors
  • 5 Trims
  • $22,245starting MSRP

Best suv!

Kim H, 01/20/2020
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

As a lifelong Toyota owner, I was reluctant to leave the brand but Toyota suv ratings just weren’t great. I looked at Honda CR-V, and Mazda but every auto rating publication rated the subaru higher. So I visited my local subaru dealer and test drove one. The ratings are right- this is one fantastic compact suv. Not only does it drive like a dream- quiet, smooth and responsive with lots of pep, but the safety features are awesome. I have terrible night vision and for the last few years I have avoided driving at night. But not anymore. The Eyesight safety features that let me know when I can safely change lanes to the incredible steering responsive headlights that turn when I turn have changed my life. I can drive at night now because I can see! My new car is loaded with other goodies too for a price comparable to its competitor cars who don’t have these safety features. Definitely look at the subaru Crosstrek before considering anything else.

Would have given this 5 stars last month

Winnie , 04/24/2021
4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We've been loyal Honda buyers for years; but when we moved to western NY we decided we needed one of our cars to be an SUV for weather and flexibility. Since we were going to replace my husband's car and he didn't like any of the bigger Hondas, we bought a 2020 Crosstrek in late summer / Fall of 2020 . And although the buying experience was not as positive as I feel it should have been, we liked the car very much. Until a few weeks ago. My husband drives the car daily. I drive it on long trips to visit family once a month. These trips are 500+ miles long and wind through some fairly isolated stretches of western NY and PA and then are stretches of high speeds and heavy traffic. The point being you want a car you feel safe in. A few weeks ago my husband said the steering wheel started to pull to one side or the other. He said it was such a hard jerk he couldn't believe I couldn't feel it sitting in the front passenger seat. Of course I thought he was crazy. Until I drove it myself and felt the same thing. It was worse than what he described and incredibly startling. The steering wheel visibly jerks in your hand! It feels stuck for a couple of seconds. Enough to scare the crap out of you. We have just over 7000 miles on this car. We took it to the dealer the same day I experienced it. Luckily I was only about 10 minutes from home. It was so scary I cancelled my trip to visit family. The dealer said they checked it out and there's nothing wrong although they did a front-end realignment (why a car would need that with only 7k miles on it is a mystery). The contact from the dealer said it must have been the wind. I'm not stupid. It wasn't windy out. My husband and I have been driving for 40+ years. We know what WIND feels like. Especially living north of Buffalo. I don't know what we're going to do about this other than monitor the situation and continue to complain to them but at this point I do NOT recommend you buy or lease this car.