Used 2005 Subaru Baja Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Subaru Baja Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Baja model:

Biggest piece of garbage on the road
By Mial James Bryant

2005 Subaru Baja Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

The worse car I have ever had the turbo went out 3 times first time at only at 78, 000 cars are just breaking in. Air conditioner has gone out engine rebuilt at 100,000 and then the radiator blew at 100500 I would never buy a Subaru as long as I live even if it was a dollar and I would sell it if given to me .

Sooby rooby roo, we love you!
By Lucas Martin

2005 Subaru Baja Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is amazing. I love how it looks. It really fits the Colorado lifestyle. Haven't taken it to the shop in two years and still runs like new. The back is really cool. If you are a fun loving personand you live near the mountains, I highly recommend this car for you. It does have a few issues. One is that there are only 4 seats in the car. Another one is that the gearshift is pretty wobbly. But overall, this car is the most amazingest car ever.

Worse Car I ever owned
By bearbryant1

2005 Subaru Baja Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

this has to be the worse car i ever owned. and would never purchase another Subaru ever again and would suggest that you never purchase one you would save more money on repairs if you got a mercies Benz or a BMW cause it will cost the same to repair.

so far....REALLY FUN!!
By evillabrat69

2005 Subaru Baja Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I bought this car 2 months ago with 87k on it, and have been loving it!! with a 50 mile commute each way to work, its quiet & very comfortable. i've done some light off-roading and have no complaints. my fiancee prefers to take the subie when ever we go anywhere together. no complaints on the 25 mpg. off line acceleration could be better, and the steering column could be a little longer (im tall and have to reach a bit)

Overall it beats the pants off the 2001 neon i traded in on it!!!
so far this is the best looking, 2nd best performing (1998 pontiac grand prix gt was faster) i have owned.

I really love this vehicle!

Luxurious feel, VERY smooth ride, the turbo paired with the sport shift is quite entertaining. It can handle fairly aggressive cornering.

I may have to invest in some new speakers for the radio.....but i think thats just because i bought used. If they were to re-introduce the baja, the h6 with the turbo would be a lot of fun. the 5m would be a killer transmission, but no real complaints about the 4a

Perfect match for my active lifestyle
By Mike Custodio

2005 Subaru Baja Turbo AWD 4dr Crew Cab (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Bought my turbo baja with 56k on it, and racked up 10k in 6 months. While there is both positive and negative attitude about it, the turbo baja matches my lifestyle perfectly. It excels in Back country roads, carrying kayak, mtn bikes, and occasional landscaping items. Performance and handling excel that of a true truck. I love trucks, but I love my baja better. Downsides: Get the Bed ext. Turbo lag and reluctant downshifts sap power. But once you get going, your gone. Frequent oil changes: every 3,000 miles for turbos. My ABS unit somehow decided to fail. It will cost $1200 to replace, dealership unsure what caused the failure. Otherwise, this subie matches my lifestyle and driving habits

Turbo power, usable bed for recreational gear, 8.4 inches of ground clearance, exceptional fun handling. More fun than my past true trucks.

Baja's no longer in production. But, Subaru needs to eliminate 4 gear auto and turbo lag.