6 of 6 people found this review helpful
By xajohn on
Vehicle2006 Scion xA 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
ReviewAfter owning various small cars:
- '56 VW bus
- Ducati 160
- 1956 Chevy Carryall (stovebolt 6 - $25 very used)
- Fiat 1100 R - 2nd car best, Dunlop's, non-syncro 1st led to next car (ex could not figure out 1st)
- Toyota Corolla (2TC hemi 1600) only lasted
- Plymouth Champ (8 speed 1600)
- '74 Bug
- '85 RX-7 (oh well - sports car days)
- '91 Geo Metro - 56 mpg until vacuum lines died
- Now driving '04 scion Xa (154,000 miles so far) update - 189,000
Wonderful, the best of the lot as to handling,
seating, view out (although rear blind spots.)
Optioned w/ rear anti-sway bar, front tower
brace, handles like a go-cart, twice the power
compared to the Metro
Have had to replace A/C compressor (150K) rear wheel bearings (100 K + -) each bearing assembly costs $300 before installation !
Print shop nearby has 3 xA's w/ 320,000 to 450,000 miles - still going strong - their automatic transmissions & A/C's have all been replaced though.
With luck this will not ever need to be replaced .....
- Climate control
- Purchase cost
- Fuel economy
- Maintenance cost
Comments (0) Post a Comment
You must be signed in to post a comment.