Used 2004 Saab 9-3 Consumer Reviews

Used 9-3 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...46

Pros
Cons

I don't get it.

magikarp5, 12/27/2012
Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just purchased a used 9-3 2004 arc automatic. It has a 100000 miles on it. This is by far the nicest car I have ever driven. I don't understand why the reviews are so mixed on this car. Now you can get a $40000 vehicle for under $10000. All I hear is people complaining about little things on this car. Performance, ride, and looks, three great reasons to buy it. I test drove others in this price range of $8000, nothing came close!

Great car

mplieber, 01/21/2011
Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2004 Saab 9-3 convertible has been wonderful. Fun to drive, with an amazing acceleration on a 4-cylinder turbo engine. When going out with the family, we use the back seats which seat adults comfortably, although a bit cramped, but this beats a 2-seater any day. Reliability has been good, and the car has been well maintained. Only complaint is occasional problems with the electrical system: windows, convertible top, radio, ignition. None has been fatal but I have experienced 2 incidents where car would not start. Note: I have the automatic, not manual, model.

2004 SAAB 9-3 ARC Convertible for the Masses

blacksaabeth2, 04/27/2013
Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I truly believe that GM got it right when they retooled the 9-3 convertible for 2004. The older 9-3 convertibles had way too much flex in the chassis. Going over bumps made it feel like it was playing a game of Twister. 2004 convertible utilized GM's epsilon platform from Europe which firmed up the chassis 300%. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration but it really is firm. Acceleration is more than adequate considering that the engine is a GM inspired 2-liter Ecotec engine with a turbo charger. Same basic engine as found in the old Chevy Cobalt

Great Used Car with Over 100K miles

Chuck, 12/17/2008
Arc 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car on a whim and it already had over 100,000 miles on it. Yes, 100,000. The car ran like new. Handles extremely well and to date (almost 12 months later) I've had no problems. There were some minor issues and with routine maintenance the total cost for the year is under $250!!! I've had no electrical, mechanical or other issues at all. This is one fun car to drive and has held up well. I've got over 125,000 miles on the car now.

at last

jack fletcher, 09/14/2003
Linear 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

cant find fault with anything about the car. after driving and owning a freelander, this is the one car that has not let me down. wonderful gas mileage and so comfortable. if you know how to drive a turbo, you got it madeeve

12345...46