Used 2016 Ram 2500 Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ram 2500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 2500 model:

Why you should not buy a ram heavy duty pickup
By Cameron flint

2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a 2016 ram 2500 diesel brans new. This was my first ram after owning ford heavy dutys for years. Will never buy another one. Only got 22k miles out of tires. At 40k had to put new rotor, caliper, and pads on front. Cruise contol stopped working after 40k. I understand things wear out but you pay over 50k for a truck and this is all you get. When the breaks stated making noise at 30k the service guy tells me it a ram and sometimes they squeak! So i let it go, now I’m out 800 bucks because the driver caliper hung up and I’m out of warranty on the brakes. I will never own another Ram product, ever!!!!!!

Best truck I've owned yet!
By AJ Gardner

2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck, solid, good gas mileage for its size and capability.

2017 Power Wagon Worst Vehicle I have ever owned.
By Justin Embrey

2016 Ram 2500 Laramie Power Wagon 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.4L 8cyl 6A)

As most shoppers would be when I bought this truck I was very happy with the way it looked and drove when it was brand new. Soon after buying the truck i began having issue with the Electronic throttle control (Less than 5000 miles). It went to the dealership 3 times over about 3 months and still occasionally says it needs to be serviced. There has been 3 recalls on it to date one of which the parts are not currently available to repair it. The paint chips off of the truck with the slightest sign of something rubbing up against it besides a cotton cloth. The hood and body has rust all over it in various spots from small rocks and even was chipped once by my hand hitting the tailgate. I was asked if I bought the paint protection plan for the vehicle and I asked them if they were kidding me, they clearly were not. Dodge knows they are doing less than a good job on the paint and overall dependability of these trucks. On to the next item, During the winter of 2017, the driver side window decided that it was going to break and no longer roll up or down. It went to the dealership yet again, They fixed the little tiny plastic part that had broken but ever since the window makes a grinding noise when going up or down and they said they can not find the issue. The latest issue that happened today 5/23/2018 is going down the interstate at 65 mph it decided to slam itself into 4 wheel drive and downshifted into 3rd gear. The truck jerked like I had slammed on the brakes and then would not shift past 4th gear regardless of the speed. When I stopped at the next red light the truck did not want to go as it was stuck in fourth gear and in limp mode according to the dealership. I have been a Ram owner for over 13 years and I can say that this experience has completely ruined my high regard for Dodge primarily for their lack of interest in resolving the issue. I have now started the process of making a lemon law claim on this vehicle as it has been into the dealership for repair almost 10 times in barely over a year. I will never buy another Ram truck for anything.

Ram 2500HD 6.4L
By B Tanner

2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

2500 and 3500 HD trucks are work trucks so don't expect a ride like the 1500 series. I purchased to tow a 10,000 lb travel trailer and it does a great job in most terrain. Haven't been in big mountains yet and don't plan to. Currently looking to upgrade to Cummins diesel in the same level of rig. Mine currently has the 6.4L and it is a strong engine. Two things I wish they would do: Add the 8 speed tranny to the 6.4 and set the cruise where it downshifts like the new 1500's do. It drops 3, sometimes 4 mph before it downshifts. Brothers new 1500 changes gears at a 1 mph change. Much smoother. Basically, I'm a Mopar guy from the get go having grown up in a Mopar dealership throughout the 50's and 60's.

Got a 2017 2500 diesel truck spent my hard-earned
By John weavef

2016 Ram 2500 Laramie Power Wagon 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.4L 8cyl 6A)

Firestone about these tires these tires absolutely sucked they were out at 10,000 miles my back tires are actually down to wear bars at 10,000 miles do you have this problem with your new truck if you do Firestone does not back them up they send you to the dealer and put it off on them telling people prop that it's the problem of a dealer not them this is a very expensive truck at work very hard to pay for it and I should not be having these Tire problems at 10000 MI and let the dealer know cuz Firestone does not back their products up