Used 2000 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Porsche 911 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 911 model:

Favorite hot wheel as a kid, favorite car at 50.
By Gary

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

Waited 3 years to give fair review for this car. My biggest fear in purchasing this car was cost of maintenance. After 3 years and 28k of spirited driving­čśÇ I love this car. No expensive parts to buy because nothing breaks. I took it 1500 miles south then back with no issues. Owned many sports cars over the years but nothing drives like this. Look forward to running errands. Very drive able in town, and over 4k rpms always bring a rush and roar. Worst I can say about this car is the plastic interior parts could be better. And if that's the worst thing on a car buy it.

Great till the engine seizes
By Dan H

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

I was a victim of a catotrophic engine failure of a 2002 Porsche 911.the car had 65k on it and I DID the IMS bearing fix and clutch replacement while I was at it. I ha e to say up until your well maintained engine seizes it is a wonderful car :-(

I never thought I would own one.
By DLH

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

The 996 gets a lot of criticism and I think a lot of that comes from being an easy target because it's a Porsche. It's like nothing else I've ever driven. There is no practical reason for it to exist and I'd like top thank all of the Porsche enthusiasts for allowing it to exist. I haven't had a motorized method of transport that makes me smile like this since my friend killed my old jet ski. It's the go kart your mom wouldn't let you have as a kid. I never thought a naturally aspirated flat six could be this good. 300 horsepower isn't a big deal in modern cars but the difference is you get to use all 300 horsepower. It's incredibly well built, it's immediately apparent that it was made by true craftsman. It goes like stink all the way to the redline and the sound is delightful. The manual transmission is excellent and the visibility is unmatched by modern vehicles. It's one of the last lightweight cars and it begs to be driven hard. Yes the headlights are awful, the interior is nothing special, the radio is confusing and you have to do a preemptive IMS fix. But I don't care what anyone else thinks, I love it.

Best Porsche I ever owned, before my newer one.
By enriver

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Coupe

Fast and responsive -This Carrera is the best Porsche I have ever owned, it is quick, agile and and feels completely safe on any surface. Gone is the extreme over-steer and the front end lift under acceleration, and at 0-60 in 5 seconds, the 996 is nothing to sneer at. I bought this Porsche in 2012 with 53,000 miles, it looks new, it feels new and it is very well maintained and a pleasure to polish. Much maligned by the snobs who call themselves "purists" and the IMS and RMS fear mongers, this car has proven them wrong. Not a drop of oil on the floor, no additional oil between changes and including the recent 60 K inspection service it costs only $50.00 per month in maintenance.

Nothing better
By Joe

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr Convertible

I bought this car 5 years ago - speed yellow with black top, and then 28,000 miles. It's almost 11 years old now with 60,000 miles. No one believes it. These are phenomenally fun, well- built and fast cars. I drive mine daily and thoroughly enjoy it. By far the most satisfying car I've ever owned (and I've owned Mercedes, Audi, Lexus, Toyota, etc...) There is no doubt that the only thing that will replace it will be a newer 911 convertible - hopefully a Turbo. In a word - you need one!

Convertible (one-touch), great handling, drive-ability, average 20-21 mpg day in & day out.

Navigation is dated now, no cup holder