Used 2010 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews

Used Xterra for Sale
Select your model:
1...456789

Pros
Cons

Great SUV with minor issues

towens, 01/24/2010

Traded in an 08 Toyota Rav4 and we only had it for 2 days but my wife and I are very pleased with it. The leather, xm radio, ride, performance and handling are great. The optional navigation is cool and hides easily. There is a few items that we'll have to get used to such as no automatic headlights, accessories don't automatically shut off when you turn the vehicle off, unusual placement of the tire jack. We also noticed that the trip computer is faded and will need to be returned for a replacement.

A great all weather vehicla

ChrisR, 04/02/2010

My previous car was an 07 Saturn Vue. I looked at Toyota,Honda & Kia before going for the XTERRA. I am so pleased that I did. It is excellent for the money. first Nissan I have ever owned. A day or so after I purchased it we had the worst snow in NJ for many years followed by heavy rain storm and high winds. The X performed excellently in all conditions. It has an excellent heater. Very good visibility all around. Steering a little heavy when maneuvering in 4WD but not an issue really. It provides and excellent feeling of security in bad weather conditions.

A traditional truck based SUV

gman, 04/19/2010

Had this traditional truck based SUV for the past 2.5 months and have been impressed by its all weather and cargo hauling capabilities. Two snow storms in February and two rain storms in March provided a great opportunity to test the 4WD system and ground clearance. 1.5 feet of snow was not a problem. Test drove Ford Explorer, Toyota 4Runner and FJ Cruiser before buying the Xterra on price and amenities. Good size vehicle for maneuvering in urban streets and traffic. Gas mileage is comparable to other truck based SUV's in class.

Striking vehicle

WranglerDriver, 05/09/2010

Driven my Terra for several months now. Great acceleration and fairly smooth compared to my Durango and of course, Jeep Wrangler. Have not taken it off-road but great on heavy snow with 4x4 enabled. It is a truck so not as smooth as a crossover, but I prefer the toughness of the build and the Off-road version gives extra protection underneath and better tires.

Tough

cbw, 05/14/2010

If you want to increase your mileage, toss in a K&N filter. I am getting 19 in town with the air on. I can't complain too much since I did upgrade from a car. Sure you are going to burn a little gas, but it's worth it for a compact SUV with a fully boxed frame. The ride is quiet even @ 80,90, 100, it's a rock.

1...456789