Used 2008 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Excelllent value reliable transportation.
By stephen felts

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The manufacturer (Nissan) guarentees the
Recently sold my Versa after 9 years of happy ownership because I got my wife's Infinity when I bought here a new Alfa Romeo Julia.
I never had any trouble with the Versa and loved it.

This is a car that you can only "Make do"
By Karin

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Where do I start? The car definitely runs well, but slowly, has problems with even a mildly steep hill. Traveling in the rain and snow is a complete hassle. Aside from lack of power, I haven't had problems with trans, engine or drive train. However the exhaust heat shield rattles after one month of ownership. The electronics are lackluster, being just windows and a radio, but the drive side is automatic so that's a bonus. The fuel economy is good but not great, considering the size, I don't have an exact estimate but I top it off every week and a half with a relatively short commute. Storage is okay, nothing spectacular, I moved with this car but I only had a bedroom's worth of furniture, on a side note the hatchbacks lift broke within a week of owning it. In summary, this car will do but there are tons of better car in the used market, definitely look elsewhere especially with Honda civic/accord, Toyota corolla/camry, ford focus, and other nissans like the sentra.

Works for small, city commutes
By JJONES

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love my Versa so far#
By adrianne phillips

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased my 2008 Nissan Versa SL. So far I love it. The acceleration is adequate and cvt shifts smoothly. Just had to fix a broken low tire pressurs sensor, but my mechanic checked it over and it was in great shape.

Nissa does not care about CUSTOMER SAFETY!
By Bill Fitzgerald

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

2 years ago my passenger side front wheel fell off the wheel support structure. I was traveling 25mph and the car abruptly stopped dead in it's tracks, no rolling to a stop or skidding. 10 minutes later I would have been traveling 65mph heading to work & can imagine the potential for damage, injury, loss of life. The repair bill was $388. I contacted Nissan and requested that they reimburse me, after all this is a defect, wheels do not fall off. Nissan declined. In Jan 2016 I received a recall notice from Nissan indicating the the front wheel springs needed to be replaced because they were susceptible to corrosion due to the winter weather in the north east. The corrosion could cause the springs to fail and the wheel would fall off. I had Nissan replace the springs and sent them a letter with the $388 repair bill from 2014. After all, Nissan just admitted that the front wheels could fall off at any time! Nissan declined to pick up the tab for their wheel defect. During my conversation with the Nissan representative, I told them that Nissan does not care about customer safety. Nissan's refusal to reimburse me for the wheel structure defect repair enforces the point that Nissan does not care about customer safety. Any company which cared about customer safety would recognize their wheel structure defect and immediately take care of it. How many other unsuspecting Nissan owners are driving around in a vehicle in which the wheel could fall off at any time! Nissan does not care about customer safety!