Used 2015 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

Needed tranny before 100k, engine replaced by 140K
By JKB

2015 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car new in 2015. I drive about 45,000 miles per year - 90% highway. I live in northern Maine, 1 mile from the highway with average speed of 80mph. After 2+ years, and 96,000 miles, I needed a new transmission (100K warranty). One year later at, 140,000 miles, the dealer says I need a new engine. I've lost compression in all four cylinders. This was due to a failure of the PCV system. The estimated cost is $9,500. I have complete records of all maintenance performed on this vehicle. I spoke with Nissan consumer relations, they told me they would not assist in the repair cost, even though they acknowledged that this car has unique problems. This car also has had an issue for the last year an half where you lose all power suddenly. It is 'fixed' by turning the car off for 30 seconds. After restarting the car has power again. The dealer could not find a reason for this problem. I had a few other faulty issues, such as have to replace window regulators twice. While I love the interior of the car, and never spoke badly of Nissan (even after the tranny problem) I am now completely unsatisfied.

Nissan of St. Charles
By Adam

2015 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had a great experience working with Nissan of St. Charles. I would highly recommend to anyone out there.

DO NOT GET THIS CAR!!!
By Bianca

2015 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The 2015 is the worst car I have ever had! I had a 2012 and there was not a single issue! A year and 1/2 into having this car. The car shuts itself off while in drive, locks the steering wheel and gets possessed like the devil!! The headlights went into “police light mode”, dealership took 4 days to decide it must be a bad battery and claims to have switched it to a new one. Come another year later and same issue!! Also, the key is hardly ever detected!!! Also, the automatic window doesn’t work sometimes! And to top it all off, changing the radio presets with the steering wheel also works sometimes and then doesn’t work other times while the door is closed...discovered it will always work with door open at the Nissan service place. Terrible warranty. Also, Nissan wants $125 just to look at the car “diagnostic fee” even if it’s a warranty issue! Piece of #%* Car! I will never get a Nissan or Infiniti until the end of time! They are the worst company in the history of United States!

Don't get if you drive in heavy traffic
By Cheryl H

2015 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am not happy with the performance of this Rogue. I realize driving the CVT engine is different but seriously, it sounds like its going to take off but yet it doesn't. It's not safe to pass on a 2 lane road, or to dodge in and out of traffic - which I need to do in the DC area. It is extremely comfortable inside, lots of storage room and handles well. The dealer could never figure out why my radio won't get the same stations in the same area that my husband's 2013 Nissan Altima gets. I'm looking to trade it in on a Hyundai Tucson - both my son (2016) and daughter (2018) have one and the difference in the engine's performance is worth not having the same amount of cargo room.

Best Rider, as Opposed to Driver. Recommended!
By Trevor D.

2015 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought used two months ago and here are my findings: First, if you’re using a vehicle for commuting (i.e. rush hour, daily freeway use) then this is the most comfortable/luxurious ride you’ll find. The seats are amazingly comfortable with no pains or aches after use, and the smoothness of the ride and steering is far better than the CR-V I tested (and I’m a long-time Honda fan). Reviews suggest the Mazda for “spirited driving”, but most of us are commuting and not on open miles of freeway without traffic, so “riding” is the key for this suv. I previously owned an Audi, and this interior and comfort is up there with that one, and only Cadillac was more comfortable, seating wise. Secondly, my experience (in contrast to some reviews) is that the gas mileage is good for an suv. I average 29-33 mpg in a 70-30% freeway to city commute. The key is to USE THE ECO option. Sure, accelerating the on-ramps is a drawback with the c v t, but you can get 35 mpg when using eco on the freeway. I have, and stress again that ECO is the key (any reviewers averaging 25 mpg are not using ECO). To wrap this review up, please note: Eco/sport buttons not in best location (low/out of sight to lower left of left knee); great gas mileage, most comfortable seats/smoothest ride, great storage options in back, radio antenna not the best (perhaps aftermarket upgrade needed to reduce some static - never had this problem on any other make of car), great looks. Key: Interior upscale along with ride. We mostly ride, not “drive”, so this is the suv for that.