Used 2014 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

I Bought the N Rogue 2016 Not the 2014
By Ronaline Saunders

2014 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had the car about 3 weeks now and I love it. I didn't think I would because it seems so big for me but the more I drive it the more I like it. And I like all the "bells and whistles" that come with it. The car is black - just wish they had a model that hides the dirt better now I have to keep it shining. :-}

Transmission blown at 64k miles!
By Wallace

2014 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the car new in 2014 and 4 years and 64k miles later the transmission is blown. When I took it into the dealership they told me there were two recalls that I was never informed about. One for airbag and one for transmission. Checked the NTSA website and they only showed the airbag recall. Dealership did the tranny recall in the hopes that would fix the problem but no such luck. Filed a complaint with Nissan USA and was able to get them to cover 90% of the $4600 replacement cost because the warranty is only 60k miles. At least I am only out my 10% plus dealership diagnostic fees and car rental. That's right, major repair and no loaner from the dealership. Besides that the car develops a new rattle every few weeks due to the poorly fitted interior or some plastic piece breaks or pops out for the same reason. Gas mileage has also been a disappointment. Overall not satisfied but at this point we're stuck with it for years to come. Hopefully the new tranny will actually last 200k+ like other modern cars. This is my third Nissan and most likely my last. No way I will consider them again if they still use their horrible CVT.

Trans out at 94,000!!! 4 recalls
By Tracey Davis

2014 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Run!!!! The CVT will go out on you. This transmission, i am sure will give out after your 60,000 mile watranty is done. You will have to get a lawyer just to fight them. I am a single mom of 6 and this was my first vehicle in 2016 as a gift to myself!!! The car is sitting in a nissan dealership with me having no way to fix it for 4,725! Nissan refuses to help pay. After seeing all of the complaints with their transmission. I still have three Years worth of car note payments on a car that's worth mud. Very inhumane Nissan!

Its a pig in a silk blanket!
By Harold

2014 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Do not but a car with cvt transmission. Better off to take the money to Vegas for a crapshot at the tables.My theory is the belt is generating so much heat, that componts fail. After all, why are they offering an oil cooler for the cvt transmission? For my 2014 Nissan Rouge ,the dealer wants $3000.00 to repair and a wait for parts. $ 1700.00 for an oil cooler? Its a scam for Nissan. The 100,000 mile extended warrenty for cvt nissan transmission,well,the dealer run my vin# and said its not covered! I say the Us goverment should make Nissan buy their defect product back at full price. June 15. 2018- Well.quess what. The car would not start at the store. Cranks but no start. Tow to shop and plug it in,no codes,that afternoon it started! I dare not to use it. So I have two issues,cvt transmission and a no start. I hope it burns down soon. Update: July 18,2018 Finally borrowed the money for cvt transmissiom repairs. Oh yeah, the dealer want payment in full with open repair bill! Meaning any and all additional parts and labor could be added on later date. Put the nissan rouge car in the shop on July 05,2018 and dealer said they should be getting the parts-valve body and oil cooler by the 25 of July, then work will begin. Asked for the old worn out parts to be given back to me. The dealer said their will be a core charge on them. So they are rebuilting old parts and selling them back to you. I will kept the updates coming. July 18,2018, we got the car out of the shop. Drove home 120 miles,park car, next morning it would not start. Ended up purchasing a new battery, replacing the orignal battery. Started up fine then that afternoon, it would not start when hot, a no start again. There is a code , but we have to drive 125 miles one way to Nissan shop to hook up to their computer,which is $ 117.00 charge. And with this hot weather , we dare not. We do not want to cook outside in 100 degrees heat if we broke down again. Its due brakes shoes and fan belt too. If this is what techknowledge is all about, count me out! August 02. 2018 , The Nissan dealer repaired the cvt transmission stated their work was warrented for only 12,000 miles....great, isn,t it. Update; August 10, 2018 car quit running. Dealer wants $ 800.00 to fix. As I stated. I am on retirement with limited resources and 65+ years old. Our selves, we firquied it was the fuel pump, by unhooking the air cleaner and squired a little gasoline down the air cleaner manflod. It started til it burned what little gas we had squired down line. So called the wrecking yard and found another Nissan rouge select. Brought the fuel pump for $ 75.00. The fuel pump was located under the second bench seat.Grab the front end of the 2 nd bench seat and give it a quick yank upwards to free it. Now getting the fuel pump retaining ring off was very hard. Turns out they make a tool # J-455747, its on E Bay for $18.00,buy it. Fixed and done,far more peppy too. Hopes this helps someone out there. Thanks. August 18, 2018 Disclaimer; do not take replacing the fuel pump job lightly. Raw gasoline inside the tank exposed, heat, spark or static electricity ( cell phones ) could set off an explosion. I wear Nomax fire retarded coveralls,had a 20 pound fire extinguish, ground wire from car frame to dirt ground, doing the repairs outside in event of fire,wouldn't want to burn your house down, and a heavy blanket to thrown over the top gas tank hole. I have 26 years working around crude oil so. think hard about repairing first, safely starts first. Up date; blue book value says car wroth id $ 5,000.00 - $ 6,000.00 now. August 30,2018. Sad, isn,t it.

Tranny Junk
By Chris

2014 Nissan Rogue SV 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

You’re Rouge will need a new CVT at 60k-80k miles, so prepare to drop $3,500 on that as it will be out of warranty by then. Nissan will not help you out. You are better off with a different SUV make. Nissan’s CVT issues are notorious. I will not buy Nissan ever again.