Used 2010 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

The Worst Purchase Ever
By Rotex29

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I drive imported cars where I live, however, I bought this vehicle brand new off the lot in about an hour, to use while I spend a few weeks each at my winter home in Florida. It seemed economical and sensible. Its garaged and not driven for about 9-10 months of the year. Consequently, there is low mileage. I happened to notice that after about 4 seasons, the passenger airbag light came on. I took it to the dealer who indicated that it was the OCS sensor in the passengers seat that was faulty, and that it would cost around $2,000 to fix. It had 14,000 miles on it. The dealer told me it was not under warranty, and that I must pay for the repair. The problem was that this sensor seemed to have quit while I was back at home, so it could not be taken in to the dealer until I returned in 8 months, unbeknownst to me. I explained this to the dealer I bought it from, and it was still a big fat NO. They told me to call Nissan USA. I called them, they opened a case, and in a day told me it was off the warranty and they would not do anything, in spite of the low mileage. Now, 2 years later, I asked the dealer again during routine service, about the air bag light. They tried to see what they could do, which again was nothing. They told me to try Nissan USA again. I did, and within a day, they indicated that they would not consider helping me out at all for the expensive repair. I was prepared to pay something, and hoping Nissan would help out. Well, as I told them on the phone, its not an oil change I am calling about, its poor quality from the get go, and has been a tremendous safety issue while this airbag is non functional. I have grandchildren and a wife in the car frequently. I think this is terrible on Nissan USA part, I will not ever buy another Nissan again, and will continue to tell anyone this story, who will listen to me. I cannot even sell it in this condition. Thanks for nothing, Nissan. This Rogue is a lemon.

Garbage
By globaltrekkie

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the 2010 Nissan Rogue AWD S model new. For the first two years, it drove with no problems. Since then, I have had nothing but problems. I have had the battery replaced three times. The third time, Nissan would not honor their own warranty on the battery. In fact, this car is rated by JD Power as "electronically deficient". Twice, the transmission has locked up on me while driving up in the mountains. This is extremely dangerous and it cost $99 each time for Nissan to have to reset the computer. The engine trembles when I am at lights and the car jerks forward hard when I accelerate. The noise is unbelievable. It actually sounds like a helicopter is above me the entire time I am driving. I have taken the car to Nissan and they told me that I my tires were too noisy for them to be able to figure out what was wrong with the transmission. So basically, their technicians cannot figure out the difference between tire noise and transmission noise. Nissan extended the transmission warranty on my model because they knew very well that they were selling garbage, but they did not want to deal with a recall. The exhaust and bottom cover started rusting the second year I had the car. Nissan admitted that salt used on snowy roads was the cause and they did recall this, but they only recalled it in certain northern states. Well, southern states get snow too. Nissan will never get a penny out of me again.

SUV Value at its best
By Gary gill

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

For the $$$ i paid for this vehicle ot was the best deal ever!

Fuel effecient All Wheel Drive crossover
By Paul

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have no problem with this vehicle. Great mileage for an all wheel drive crossover. Enough power for a 4 cyclinder CVT engine. You will not be disappointed.

Failed, sad to give it up!
By Andy G

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Loved my 2010 Nissan Rogue until it hit 70,000, and then it seemed to just fall apart. My main problem was with the rear differential. Despite it being a poorly made part and having 8 Nissans in my family, Nissan made no attempt to work with me on getting it fixed. After spending $2K on the repair and a month of absolutely horrible customer service, I'm selling the car and will not be returning to Nissan. The whole experience completely ruined my trust in the brand. Giving it 3 stars for the enjoyable experience I had prior.