Used 2010 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rogue model:

2010 Rogue - BAD CVT - SHAME ON NISSAN
By Cathy C. New York

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Nissan is waiting for the warranty on the CVT Transmission to run out so they will not have to fix these cars. They have 2 more years, they are just binding time and the NTSB is doing NOTHING to help consumers.

Nissan extended the warranty on the CVT from 60K to 120K or 10 years, but when you take the car into the dealership with complaints they say there are NO CODES, the transmission is fine. IT IS A LIE.

In 2013, I almost died in my car exiting the highway when my car lost power. I came to a stop from about 65 MPH and the car completely lost power, I was lucky the truck behind me did not hit me. I took the car to the dealer the same day, nothing was found. I explained how the car shudder, like it has the chills!!! Nope, dealer could not find anything wrong – no codes.

I took the car back multiple times over the 8 years I have had it for the same issue.

Last year April 2017, I took the car back again for the same thing… and nothing. They change the transmission oil and charged me $399!

On October 2, 2018, my car lost power on the highway and would not accelerate over 50 MPH. The engine had a loud whining sound and struggling. I called the dealer and they said bring it on Thursday. However, on my way home from the doctor, the car would not go above 40 MPH so I drove directly to the dealer and told them I was leaving it there.

Today, October 4, 2018 the dealer called and said they drove it twice, and found nothing wrong with the transmission it accelerated without issue. But they found my axle was bad and I needed bearings, etc. I asked, what does that have to do with the car losing power? I was told, with transmission, sometimes when the car cool vs. hot it acts differently but there is nothing to be done. THIS IS WRONG! SHAME ON NISSAN.

230,000 miles
By Leslie

2010 Nissan Rogue SL 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I can't complain. I shouldn't complain. My Rogue is almost 9 years old with 230,000 miles on in. I have read the reviews on this model. My tranmission has whined when accelerating. The car shudders when it comes to a stop. I lived with all this for nine years. What I don't understand is it was running great, until one day I got in and couldn't accelerate without a great deal of effort and shuddering. Finally had it towed (couldn't make it home) and it needs a new transmission! This has been a wonderful car and for the $21,000ish I paid for it, it's been a more than fair value. I just wish I had something to trade in, since I am not fixing this transmission!

2010 Nissan Rogue
By HPAV

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this vehicle new in 2010 and at 80 thousand miles haven’t not had any major issues with it.

2010 rogue review
By anthony

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

A very nice basic car for the money. When air conditioning is on, the vehicle has poor acceleration. No radio controls on the steering wheel. No lighting in the cargo area. Great gas mileage and very dependable.

The Worst Purchase Ever
By Rotex29

2010 Nissan Rogue S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I drive imported cars where I live, however, I bought this vehicle brand new off the lot in about an hour, to use while I spend a few weeks each at my winter home in Florida. It seemed economical and sensible. Its garaged and not driven for about 9-10 months of the year. Consequently, there is low mileage. I happened to notice that after about 4 seasons, the passenger airbag light came on. I took it to the dealer who indicated that it was the OCS sensor in the passengers seat that was faulty, and that it would cost around $2,000 to fix. It had 14,000 miles on it. The dealer told me it was not under warranty, and that I must pay for the repair. The problem was that this sensor seemed to have quit while I was back at home, so it could not be taken in to the dealer until I returned in 8 months, unbeknownst to me. I explained this to the dealer I bought it from, and it was still a big fat NO. They told me to call Nissan USA. I called them, they opened a case, and in a day told me it was off the warranty and they would not do anything, in spite of the low mileage. Now, 2 years later, I asked the dealer again during routine service, about the air bag light. They tried to see what they could do, which again was nothing. They told me to try Nissan USA again. I did, and within a day, they indicated that they would not consider helping me out at all for the expensive repair. I was prepared to pay something, and hoping Nissan would help out. Well, as I told them on the phone, its not an oil change I am calling about, its poor quality from the get go, and has been a tremendous safety issue while this airbag is non functional. I have grandchildren and a wife in the car frequently. I think this is terrible on Nissan USA part, I will not ever buy another Nissan again, and will continue to tell anyone this story, who will listen to me. I cannot even sell it in this condition. Thanks for nothing, Nissan. This Rogue is a lemon.