Used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Pathfinder for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Multiple Electronic Issues

freegg, 09/11/2007
LE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle looks nice but we've had constant electrical issues since it's purchase. Both side view power mirrors went out. The rear passenger power window went out. The oil pressure sensor quit. I've already replaced the battery once after only two years. The overcharging alternator burned out the positive battery cable. Now the fuel gauge has stopped working. I can't remember how many times the service engine light has come on. I was a believer in Nissan products until we purchased this vehicle. I will not buy another Nissan product.

Awesome vehicle!

Bill, 10/24/2007
LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this vehicle for almost three years. It has run like a champ since day one. It is roomy, luxurious and highly functional. Do not use third row seat often but it's very handy when you want it, and truly folds flat. Some complain about roominess of third row and it is only good for kids. Well it has four more inches of leg room than the 4Runner and who do you think rides back there anyway? You can take the grandparents and not have to take two cars.

Excellent SUV

jds, 04/04/2008
LE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have really enjoyed this vehicle. There were a few minor adjustments that needed to be made to the vehicle (squeaky stereo compartment) which the dealer fixed. Otherwise, the power is excellent and for a SUV, it rides pretty well.

Don't Get a Nissan

Chyna, 12/12/2007
XE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I would not recommend anyone to buy a Nissan vehicle this is including the pathfinder that I have purchased. The brakes make squealing noise, the vehicle make rattling noise, the back row is so uncomfortable and the worst problem is the air conditioner. I have taken this vehicle on many road trips and has to stop every 2 to 3 hours because the air conditioner would blow out hot air. I took it to the dealer and they told me that they can't fix it. I have two young kids and each time this happened, I would have to stop on the side of the road and let it rest for an 1 or 2 before we can drive it again. This is not safe at all. I will fight with their headquarter to get this fixed!

Nice Exterior/Poor Quality

Jason, 04/26/2008
XE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned four Nissans in the last five years including a 99.5 Pathfinder SE 4WD, and went out immediately and bought the 2005 new body style when it came out. This SUV has a rugged, great looking exterior. However, the vehicle is plagued with quality issues. The fuel gauge is not working (bad fuel level sending unit). The CD player is not working. The rear driver passenger window is not working. Also, there are gaps in the upholstery where seems are not sewn together properly and foam is pushing through. All of these malfunctions hit right after the 36,000 warranty expired (if you get one, get the extended warranty). Also, don't expect any assistance from Nissan