2018 Nissan LEAF Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Nissan LEAF Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LEAF model:

Great Electric Car!!!
By Marvin Blaine

2018 Nissan LEAF SL 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

This is my favorite car in the 50 years I've been driving and I've owned a different car every three years. This 2018 Nissan Leaf SL has got it all, comfort, leather interior, bose audio system and a tech package. Even comes with a 220 and a 110 charger.

Leaf slow fast charging
By Medward

2018 Nissan LEAF SV 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

3 times on a fast charger half going in the car. 50kw charger sounds great until you see 26kw going in. That means waiting 2 hours. After 30 minutes the charger shuts off, need to wait an hour to start it up again. Not happy with the car.

Best 2nd car I've ever owned.
By Brian

2018 Nissan LEAF SV 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Let me start out by saying I'm not what you would think of as a typical EV owner. I'm not some tree hugger out to save the planet. My motivations for buying this car were purely economical. I'm also 6'3" tall and about 240 lbs. This car is very comfortable for me. I can't recommend the leaf car enough, but there is of course one small catch. For most of us the leaf cannot be the primary family vehicle. I'm a father of 2 living in a suburban area. I fly a lot for work but my office is less than 10 miles from my house. For around town and to the airport this is absolutely the perfect car. The one problem is of course the range and charging speed. If this were the family's only car we couldn't take this on vacation. If my destination is over 50 miles away I don't feel comfortable taking it with the family. While 150 miles is a real number in city driving range it is more like 110 in highway driving (if you drive 75 like most of us). Those are the downsides. The upside is that it is great to drive. Great ride, great acceleration, corners nicely. But most importantly I have NO gas or Gas equivalent bill. Nissan includes 2 years of free charging at every major charging network. I have a charging station in my parking garage at work. I have never once charged this thing at home. I have actually used many fast charging stations. When I go into the city (which is about 75 miles away) I stop at one of the fast chargers on the highway and grab dinner / lunch on the trip in or out. In 1/2 hour I can charge about 80 miles worth of charge. I've never had to wait for a station to be available. Also, the scheduled maintenance on this is really a joke. It consists of rotating tires, checking the brakes and replacing your cabin air filter ($12 on amazon). I got my SV for 30000 out the door including sales tax. 7500 federal and 2500 state credits brought that number down to $20000. I can fit my 2 small children in their booster seats easily in the back. The trunk has plenty of room for a Costco run. I get compliments on the looks of this car almost every day. Its not a Tesla but its a sharp car. Previous generation leafs were kind of weird looking to me. This is a much better looking car than the Bolt. Anyway, if you're in a position where your daily commute is less than 100 miles round trip, and you have another Car in the family for longer trips, I can't recommend the leaf enough.

I liked leaves before but now I love my Leaf
By Valerie

2018 Nissan LEAF SV 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I was very unsure about the ride and comfort of an electric vehicle until I actually test drove one. Wow is this care roomy and comfortable. I hated driving before but now I leap to drive my Leaf. I am so relaxed driving this car. I have owned a Silverado Truck, FJ Cruiser, Audi, 750il and out of all of them my Leaf hits the top of the trees in all over performance and comfort. So glad I made my leap to the leaf.

Not turning over a new LEAF
By Jim

2018 Nissan LEAF SL 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Great economy and performance. First thousand miles required $25 of electricity vs $75 in gasoline for an ICE AT 30 mpg. E pedal is great for hilly driving. Poor cross traffic alert system. No hooks for bags in cargo area.