Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews

Used S-Class for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Jaison's review of 2000 S430

highstylinS430, 12/11/2003
S430 4dr Sedan

This car is an escape of daily life. The Airmatic suspension provides a cloudlike ride over bumps and open highways. Having owned a 2000 S430, I have taken many long trips comfortably. However, seats are rock hard but durable for daily use. The S500 has softer Nappa seats (my choice). COMMAND occasionally gives incorrect directions but provides sense of security driving in an unknown area. Bose 10 speaker system provides deep, rich sound. This is a car anyone can enjoy. I've enjoyed this car and will purchase again. Must have options: Xenon lights, cd- changer, Parktronic. Nice options to have: rear sunshade, reclining rear seats, multi-contour seats.

Mercedes Does Not Mean Quality

Richard Bailey, 09/17/2006
S430 4dr Sedan

Purchased my 2000 S430 as a pre-owned. It had 56,000 miles on it, and the rack & pinion had to be replaced. It also has a high rear-end gear noise between 50 and 60MPH. The driver side sun visor no longer stays in place, and I had to tape it to the roof. There is rear vibration between 60 and 80MPH, though it has new Continental tires balanced by the Mercedes dealer. An A/C sensor failed at 57,000 miles, which caused the unit to freeze up. The CD player has started locking up, though it has been cleaned.

18 year old benz

Franland, 05/06/2018
S430 4dr Sedan

It drives like you are on a cloud despite it’s age. No one would have guessed her age. The only thing missing are the new electronics, Bluetooth and parking assists.

MY FIRST CAR!!!!

Miss Price, 07/18/2015
S500 4dr Sedan

This was a Christmas present to myself- boy what a great first car!!! I love driving it- it is extremely dependable and despite being told not to drive it in the winter I gave it a go with the rear wheel drive, got stuck and was able to get myself out by shifting the gears from reverse to drive(I have a CDL) so I am an excellent driver!!! Anyone thinking of passing this on to a younger sibling it is a wonderful idea - I am so proud of my car and it keeps a young person focused since it's like a baby with constant upkeep... makes you responsible and educates you(foreign and all electric... if the battery goes everything goes). I have to make sure to start it up each winter day if I leave the battery in and run it for about 20 minutes or else pay the price once the battery dies! I RECOMMEND TAKING THE BATTERY OUT WHEN LETTING IT SIT LONG PERIODS OR HAVING IT IN STORAGE SITUATIONS. Other than that guys.... take it from a chick, this vehicle rocks and I love it!!!! Currently have over 200k miles and will keep it... never selling it- just will do upgrades and replacements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Mercedes !!!!

Nightmare

DSMITH303, 10/28/2010
S430 4dr Sedan

Thought this was my dream car, but it has turned out to be a nightmare! I've had three air-compressed shocks go bad on me, each costs about $1,300 to fix, a ball joint, and a crankshaft sensor. Thank goodness I have a personal mechanic that does the work or I'd probably go bankrupt soon. what else? I have a leak in the back of the car, which makes rainy days scary and the CD player is on the blink. There is no doubt that this is a beautiful car, but it seems as if I am waiting for the next thing to go wrong! This is not what I thought owning a Mercedes would be like. This is definitely the first and last Benz I am going to own, so much for my dream car. Seriously, I hope it gets better.

12345...9