Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

18 year old benz
By Franland

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S430 4dr Sedan

It drives like you are on a cloud despite it’s age. No one would have guessed her age. The only thing missing are the new electronics, Bluetooth and parking assists.

Daily new problems
By Chase

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

Everyday my s500 cracks rips burns a fuse air ride problem fan may not work brakes are hit and miss ac blow cold 1 out 4 tries shade sticks um $$$$!!! Wtf lumbar quit all plastic cracks when I get in and out of car, tan interior gets cleaned every 2 weeks. If I want to sink my money I will keep the car.

Biggest rip off ever
By Mike

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

Have had this s500 1 year now. In the shop every other month. Ridiculously over engineered which just means more to brake. The mechanic even jokes the S stands for [non-permissible content removed]. I've had to replace the air shocks, air shock pump, door computers, door window motor, light control box, 2nd air pump, head gasket. For a 85k car what a hunk of junk. Even small stuff is cheaply built. Glove box won't open, overhead mirrors don't stay in place etc, etc,etc............

MY FIRST CAR!!!!
By Miss Price

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

This was a Christmas present to myself- boy what a great first car!!! I love driving it- it is extremely dependable and despite being told not to drive it in the winter I gave it a go with the rear wheel drive, got stuck and was able to get myself out by shifting the gears from reverse to drive(I have a CDL) so I am an excellent driver!!! Anyone thinking of passing this on to a younger sibling it is a wonderful idea - I am so proud of my car and it keeps a young person focused since it's like a baby with constant upkeep... makes you responsible and educates you(foreign and all electric... if the battery goes everything goes). I have to make sure to start it up each winter day if I leave the battery in and run it for about 20 minutes or else pay the price once the battery dies! I RECOMMEND TAKING THE BATTERY OUT WHEN LETTING IT SIT LONG PERIODS OR HAVING IT IN STORAGE SITUATIONS. Other than that guys.... take it from a chick, this vehicle rocks and I love it!!!! Currently have over 200k miles and will keep it... never selling it- just will do upgrades and replacements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Mercedes !!!!

Buyer should know better...
By jbrtoo

2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500 4dr Sedan

When you bought an older S-class, you should have expected it to cost you $$$ in repairs. My 2000 S500 has cost me $12,000 in repairs since I bought it 4 years ago. Now that sounds like a lot, but when you spread it over the 4 years, it has cost me $250 per month to drive the sweetest production car on the road. When you throw in depreciation, it has cost me about $400 per month to drive it. Show me a comparable vehicle that you can drive for that cost--it's not out there. So although the S500 gives you heartache and wallet-ache at times, do the math and you'll realize it has been well worth it!