Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Becareful you might be in deep trouble
By j khademi

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I got this Mercedes SUV diesel Bluetec 2012 new from dealership. from day one I had problem. I bought this around 55 K and it blue book value after 5 years is around 22K. car was treated right but had issue with condensation of front shield make it dangerous to drive in cold weather, dealer didn't do anything about it. . recently the sign for coolant was appeared , add antifreeze . My wife along with my daughter was driving it and all of the sudden engine stalled, had to call 911 to get protection because of location of the car on the side of the road. car was towed to dealership and the say the engine was seized and need new engine with price tag of 27 K and 2 K labor .Interesting enough no explanation why did it happen. some research showed these cars have issue with oil cooler and leakage can happen . the problem is sign of coolant doesn't tell you what kind of coolant. car this expensive should warn you better. I never buy Mercedes again.

Solid and Competent SUV: 2012 MB ML350 4MATIC
By Jim Smuts

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first MB SUV, purchased in 1/16 with 27,000 miles from a non-MB dealer. It has the 302 hp gas engine, 4MATIC all wheel drive, Premium 1 package, and I replaced the original Continentals with Michelin Premier LTX’s in 8/16. I also added splash guards and a class three receiver hitch and electrics so I may tow a small boat and use a bicycle rack.

So far it has met my expectations (reliable, decent fuel economy...low 20’s around town and up to 26 mpg on road trips, quiet cabin, comfortable seats, good acceleration, decent handling for an SUV, good maneuverability, and feels very solid on the road. This vehicle can hold up to five people and their luggage comfortably. The luggage area is especially well designed, with excellent capacity, and is easy to pack.

The ergonomics work well for me (6’5”) and my wife (5’7”), and I appreciate the programmable front seats.

It took some time to adjust to the Command system, but I find it very easy to use now.

It is expensive to maintain every 10,000 miles, so I purchased the MB maintenance package at a 30% discount to regular maintenance prices and a MB extended warranty up to 75,000 miles. I also joined the MBCA which rewards you with up to a 10% discount during servicing (more than pays for itself quite quickly with the discounts).

The original owner replaced the front shocks under warranty early in their ownership. So far, my only need for warranty service was for a malfunctioning driver side shoulder belt mechanism. At my 50,000 mile maintenance (just completed), I had my rear brakes replaced (rotors and pads @ $750).

I am satisfied with this vehicle and would consider purchasing it again. Given the new safety features available now, I would add blind spot monitoring, automatic braking, and dynamic cruise control. I would also select the OEM tow package for the electronics and increased tow capacity.

Great all around suv
By James

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Fantastic towing ability BUT,comes at a cost with diesel blue tec
Blue tec flawed in these vehicles
You find out too late when there is a problem then you find it’s happening to slot of folks
Took 4.1 years, right after warranty and problems totalling $3800 for a simple heater in blue tec tank

Not E-Class but Better
By Ccelpjack

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The 2012 ML350 doesn't ride or drive like an E-Class (I've had two) but neither does anything else either. The ML350 is a great freeway car though. It is roomy, comfortable, and drives like a dream. It has excellent seats and it is quiet inside. In a recent non-freeway trip of several hundred miles, my ML350 BlueTec averaged 30.9 mpg for the entire trip. That mileage will get the vehicle nearly 700 miles between fueling stops! This was my 4th Mercedes and 3rd diesel. Overall, it is, by far, the best car that I have ever owned. After having driven 1000s of Intetstate miles, I absolutely love this car! It is a true blue highway cruiser. In fact, I’ve driven it from central Illinois to Detroit several times now and still had a 1/4 tank of fuel in the tank when I got there.

EXPENSIVE CAR FOR BAD QUALITY MATERIALS
By MBREGRETOWNER

2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My 2012 ML350 ,the car only has 50,560 miles ,more than 6 check in at the service department and today without the Mercedes Benz warranty in force (more than 50,000 miles)the comand system stop working,so by defect the back up camera is not working as well,no radio,no navigator and many more issues.The right side mirror is not folding (3rd time that do that)and I have problems with the power lifgate as well(stops in the middle of the opening). I don't remember a day not regreting for the ML350 purchase.Before this car I owned a Ford Edge that never went to a mechanic in the 3 years that I owned it. They didn't call me from the dealer yet,but for sure the bill will be gigantic.