2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLC-Class model:

Lemon
By Bill Pause

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class GLC 300 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I had what i thought was a minor oil leak which wound up replacing the engine after almost 40 days, the deal was great but the manufacturer doesn’t care or communicate with their customers. Arbitration is next because of the apathy that MB USA. Sad

Love This Car!
By Patrick

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class GLC 300 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Shop around before buying to get the best price.

20,000 miles and GLC300 4Matic still has issues
By Menauhant

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class GLC 300 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

The car is great, good ride and was quite until we hit 20K miles. The road noise is so loud that the dealer was ready to replace a rear wheel bearing. As it turns out the tires are the cause of the noise. Problem is the tires still have more than 1/2 the tread and should not need to be replaced. I am told that this is a characteristic of run flat tires, wish I knew that when I bought the car as I didn't plan on having to buy new tires every two years. The main issue that I have with this car is the rear break squeal particularly in cold weather. This has been going on since day one yes it was delivered with this noise. Dealer and MB USA told me that they would have a fix. Six months later the dealer did the factory authorized repair. Then they did it again five months later and guess what after 1K miles the brake squeal when backing up is squealing again. One night I left the car outside and the temp overnight got down to 2 degrees. When I went to move the car all brakes squealed. I am getting the feeling that MB plans on eventually telling me that the problem is out of warranty and go take a hike. How is it possible to sell a car with a known issue and then not fix it! I will buy an MB again but not this model and before I do I will check out all known issues.

Poor quality car
By Kay

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class AMG GLC 43 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 9A)

It is not what it is made out to be. We purchased a new GLC 500 last year- been to the dealership about 5 times so far- many broken parts required fixing. Brakes repeated made noise. Had to contact BBB for Mercedes to make a repair. Worst luxury car we have owned. Look around at other brands before you buy.

AMG and things no one told you
By vicki montague

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class AMG GLC 43 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 9A)

We have just turned 5,000 miles and have been told we already need new tires. We have been experiencing horrible noises and grabbing when turning sharply. After our dealer checked it out for 2 days they claimed it was because of our tires and cold weather. However, we live in Houston,Tx where it is rarely cold and experienced these noises when it was 90 degrees outside. We are now putting 4 new tires on the vehicle because it seems we have no choice as they will not align it without new tires! We hope this fixes this, but we are more than upset that these expensive tires get only 5,000 miles before needing replacing. The dealer indicated we should have known that an AMG would need new tires frequently. Funny no one mentioned this when we were buying the car.