2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLC-Class model:

Bad tires??? Or badly designed car???
By Cathy

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class GLC 300 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

My car has 30,000 miles and I was just told 2 tires are showing wear, after already replacing all 4 tires 8 months ago!! When I replaced the original tires I went to a reputable tire dealer and replaced them. I spent a lot of money on them and the tires have a great reputation so I was shocked to learn by the MB service department today 2 of them are wearing out! Really?? Maybe it’s not the tires. Maybe something is wrong with the car design??

Tires are a big problem in this vehicle
By J Halvorson

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class AMG GLC 43 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 9A)

Mercedes messed up when they decided to put no spare tire in this high performance vehicle and then do not make the tires readily available when they need replacing. It is unthinkable that a car would be sold at a premium price that is basically worthless if you get a flat tire. I am dealing with this issue right now. This means you have to keep it in the city and hope for the best, because what happens if you find yourself in the middle of no where with no Mercedes dealer, or no way in hell to get a tire replacement? This is not acceptable, and should not be acceptable to a luxury car company. Fortunately, the dealers make loaner cars available, because it will take a week to get a replacement tire. They need to either stock tire replacements, or insure there is stock available. I get not having a spare tire, but I don’t get unavailability of replacements. This is a huge safety issue that needs to be addressed. Roadside Assist apparently will come to you, use some spray to plug the leak, and then inflate the tire for you. What if the leak cannot be plugged? I am waiting for my dealer to respond on the towing fees in this case - would I have to pay them? Then tow where? To the local gas station that cannot get a replacement tire for a week? This is a big problem that needs to be addressed. The vehicle is fun to drive, and the performance is very good, but to me the tire issue supersedes the performance. Also, I had better customer service from Lexus dealers than I have with Mercedes, but perhaps this is a testament to the exact dealer not Mercedes.

Lemon
By Bill Pause

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class GLC 300 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I had what i thought was a minor oil leak which wound up replacing the engine after almost 40 days, the deal was great but the manufacturer doesn’t care or communicate with their customers. Arbitration is next because of the apathy that MB USA. Sad

Love This Car!
By Patrick

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class GLC 300 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Shop around before buying to get the best price.

20,000 miles and GLC300 4Matic still has issues
By Menauhant

2017 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class GLC 300 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

The car is great, good ride and was quite until we hit 20K miles. The road noise is so loud that the dealer was ready to replace a rear wheel bearing. As it turns out the tires are the cause of the noise. Problem is the tires still have more than 1/2 the tread and should not need to be replaced. I am told that this is a characteristic of run flat tires, wish I knew that when I bought the car as I didn't plan on having to buy new tires every two years. The main issue that I have with this car is the rear break squeal particularly in cold weather. This has been going on since day one yes it was delivered with this noise. Dealer and MB USA told me that they would have a fix. Six months later the dealer did the factory authorized repair. Then they did it again five months later and guess what after 1K miles the brake squeal when backing up is squealing again. One night I left the car outside and the temp overnight got down to 2 degrees. When I went to move the car all brakes squealed. I am getting the feeling that MB plans on eventually telling me that the problem is out of warranty and go take a hike. How is it possible to sell a car with a known issue and then not fix it! I will buy an MB again but not this model and before I do I will check out all known issues.