2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

The champ of soft tops
By John J

2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 400 4MATIC 2dr Convertible AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 9A)

I waited for the E class cabriolet to return to production after driving a loaner 2017 sedan. The cabin is superb; Loaded with intuitive technology and safety features. I opted for the designo interior and P3 package. The top goes down every chance I get. Thanks MB.

One of Three Edition 1 Wagons
By Richard

2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class AMG E 63 S 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (4.0L 8cyl Turbo 9A)

I have read that some of the early AMG E63s cars did have some teething problems. But like the thousands of airline flights daily one only hears about the one that crash landed or, unfortunately, worse. Likewise, the likelihood is that 99% of the E63s owners/lessees have experienced no or very minor issues with their cars. I purchased my Edition 1 wagon in May of 2018. The build date is 04/18 and, as the title says, is one of only three Ed 1 wagons in the U.S. So far I've had zero issues and though this is a heavy car it drives much smaller. The wagon has super acceleration, much faster than my previous 2013 C63 with 481 hp and the transmission shifts are just as fast as the best DCTs out there. On the practical side, well this is a wagon so lots of room and the back seats have plenty of leg room. I feel that the ride is just fine especially in Comfort mode. Remember, this is a machine geared more to the sports side so the suspension is a bit taught but, in my view, not overly so. The interior is really nice and the dual screen dash is fun to play with and has many options and is quite intuitive. Test drive one! You won't be disappointed.

E 3Hundred
By Rick Frazier

2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 300 Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I own an 11 E350 & it’s in the shop so the e300 is a loaner. My car has 119k miles on it. I love the look of my car, it’s black on black and always get compliments. This 18 though has been everything I wished mine was. I love the power delivery, it’s very smooth, the seats are very comfortable and the car is quiet on the inside. You’ll easily be driving 80 mph and not realize it. The car also has a sporty feel to it, it handles well and has a good ride to it. Ive been contemplating an 18 S560 but this might do.

Terrific but a bit shoddy in spots
By Barry Chase

2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 400 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 9A)

About three months into a lease with this car (my first-ever leased vehicle), and it is simultaneously magnificent and disappointing. Gorgeous interior, endless gizmos, pretty effective aircap system, but a bit lacking in the fit-and-finish department. Front seat carpeting delaminating and certain body panels not fitted up to the usual E-class standard. I feel good driving it, though, and my wife, its principal driver, is ecstatic about it. A good buy for the money (these days), but I expect future iterations of the same generation will improve a bit on certain things.

ENJOY MORE THAN I EXPECTED....
By Mr CA MB DRIVER

The 2018 e class Cabriolet is the most fun I have had driving in memory. It is equal parts sports car, smooth luxury cruiser, and is comfortable in either capacity. Top can be removed or raised while in motion....and is also key operated. Technology is the most advanced and precise as there is on the market today. GO GET ONE.