Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

German engineering is over the top!
By Chris B.

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having always owned BMW's (since the 60's) and learning how to maintain and fix them, I've enjoyed German quality and engineering. However, of late, they have become so sophisticated, I no longer have the ability to do any work on my cars, which I enjoy doing. My wife had always wanted a Mercedes wagon and we found a very low mileage single owner 2009 E350 4Matic wagon and bought it. We mostly use it for trips and enjoy its comfort on the highway. Although it isn't fuel efficient, it does perform well. From the first day, we have been unable to figure out how the Navigation system works (glad to have Waze on our smartphones). The sound system is equally challenging to operate. The trip info on the dashboard is hard to read and understand when driving (too much info). Our fan motor has a squeaky bearing ($450 to replace). At 65,000 miles we have learned the rear differential needs replacement ($3,500). Compared to my BMW's, I am disappointed with this car. The local dealer is sells "units", not cars. For someone who has been a lifelong car enthusiast, I'm not fond of the dealer or the brand.

E350
By Donna Palm

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2009 was a good year when compared to earlier versions. I have only had it a week, so can't weigh in on this particular car yet. Haven't had time to get to my mechanic for the check up. The dealer refused to give me a fair price for my trade, and only a fair deal on the purchase. She wouldn't wiggle on purchase price. May 2017 - I had to sign away any right of redress if a problem is found. Most of the many papers signed were protection for the dealer. Their sign should read: Make the sale and forget the buyer. I would not use this used car dealer again. She claimed to know more about my trade in that she only saw once. than the car she was selling.

May 2018- Had it for a year now. At first servicing, it was found to have a broker windshield washer part that holds the washing liquid ($300 fix), a cracked speaker and cracked rim.

Great ownership experience
By PK

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very finneky about maintaining my cars and this has beena very good experience. It does have done quirks like the window washer motor but overall excellent quality

Beautiful car!
By pauly_bananas

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Sold my 04 BMW 325 conv. and got this as my upgrade. I bought it from Rallye Motors in L.I. from Marianne. Great dealer and she was great. My other car is a 08 G35. This Benz is beautiful. It rides and drives like a dream. So smooth. Quiet. Comfortable. It's a pure pleasure to drive. Only owned it 3 months but it's thus far the best car I ever owned. They did a nice job with this car.

Design - it's black with the AMG 5 star wheels, a spoiler on the trunk and and tinted windows. Love the wood steering wheel. The braking is the finest I've ever tried. It's comfortable, smooth, etc.

Cup holders suck but the Germans insist you shouldn't be drinking anything while driving so it's not a big issue with them. Gas mileage isn't that great either. Stereo could be better for such an expesnive car. Have a better one in my Infiniti G35.

MASTERPIECE OF AUTOMOTIVE ART
By kleenshotgto

2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a Teutonic Masterpiece!

I have owned them all...BMW, Porsche,Ferrari...and absolutely nothing...nothing... compares to this BLACK 09 E350 4MATIC w/AMG SPORT PACKAGE. Pure panache. Outstanding comfort, ride and performance. Bullet proof buid quaklity.

If you have the means...go out today and buy an 09. The 56K price tag new has now depreciated to 35K. Pick a ,low mileage version and your at auto nirvana.

Then, go buy a black mock turtleneck, add jeans and your favorite shoes and start cruising. You'll feel and look like a 1percenter...make no apologiZes to anyone. You earned it.

ALL