Skip to main content
12345...8

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example
We have a limited number of reviews for the 2022 C-Class, so we've included reviews for other years of the C-Class since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Silver and Red Beauty

Joseph ATX, 10/27/2020
updated 05/22/2023
2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 300 4MATIC 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I’ve had this car for over a year. I had to order the car to get silver with a red interior and top with the driver assist package. It’s a very comfortable car. I took a 4K mile road trip as soon as it arrived. On the road it got 32 to 33 mpg. The ride is smooth and the acceleration is good. The driver assist package has some nice features. I got it mainly for adaptive cruise control. Mercedes makes it hard to get and expensive - driver assist requires the navigation package. There have been no mechanical issues in the past year. One complaint is the trunk can only be opened with the key fob or a release inside the car. Another is the ventilated seats are not cooled. They only blow air through the seats that is the same temperature as the air in the car making it a useless feature on a warm day with the top down. Overall I am pleased with this car and plan to drive it many years. I've had the car just over 2 years. There has only been one problem beyond regular maintenance. When putting the top down the cover that closes over the top was not going all the down. The local dealer lubricated the parts associated with lowering the top. That fixed the problem. It has worked perfectly since. Insurance is expensive. Before buying the car I had read that was the case with the C class. It cost more to insure this car than the two cars we had before this one (228i convertible and Golf R). After two years I am still happy with the car and will continue to drive it for many years. Edmunds is asking for an update at 2 years and 9 months. The starter battery had to be replaced. We don't put a lot of miles on the car. Mercedes told us we should drive more. The problem with the cover over the top closing completely came back. This time Mercedes replaced various cables in the top and the top liner. It has worked well since. Both the battery and top repair were under warranty. After almost 3 years I still enjoy driving this car. Edmunds is asking for an update at almost 4 years of owning this car. There have been no problems during the last year. I am still very satisfied with the car.

Best of both worlds

Scott, 02/01/2021
2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 300 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I did some pretty extensive research in this class, including the 330i xdrive and A4. After taking each of them on extensive test drives, I decided on the C300 4MATIC with the AMG line. I was very close to taking a great deal on the 3 Series, but in my heart I knew I liked the Mercedes more. It's much smoother, better built, and has better technology. I felt like the 330i's ride was a little too busy for me. It always begged me to drive fast, which may have been great in my 20s, but now I'm "more mature" haha. The C300 gives me the luxury all the time and the sportiness when I want it. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Love this car

Patti, 11/11/2020
2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 300 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

This is my second c300 and I love this car. It’s not to big but has plenty of room for adults in the back seat. It has great, luxurious options, great acceleration, plenty of space and love that the back seats fold down when you need extra room

Also Consider
Build Your 2024 Silverado 1500
At a Glance:
  • 10 Colors
  • 1 Trim
  • 5 Packages
  • $36,800starting MSRP
Build & PriceChevrolet.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges. Dealer sets the final price.

A lemon?

D. B., 04/02/2021
2020 Mercedes-Benz C-Class AMG C 43 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 9A)

So far it looks like maybe we got a lemon. Like the performance and handling. But after just 7 months and 3,000 miles; one of the Mercedes Original tires went flat, and an electrical problem with the gear shift lever. Could not take the car out of the park mode. 2 trips back to the dealer already.

Worst new car ever!

D Tapia, 01/24/2023
2022 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 300 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric mild hybrid 9A)

We purchased our 2022 C300 in August 2022 (with 9 miles) with all the new bells and whistles, big center screen, lights throughout, 360 cameras, and so on. Everything. First long drive was going to be to California, Thanksgiving. Woke up at 0500 went to get 91 octane gas. Car would not turn on.... Blacked out. Called a tow, stuck for an hour. Dealer closed, so had to wait until following week. They "updated" the computer. Wife was driving and got warning lights on, sensor failures. Took car in and they cleared the warning light and found no issues. Car now had a hiccup at idle every 5 seconds. Took it in, they checked piston pressure, fuel injectors, computer told us it was "bad gas". They filled it with "good gas." Took car home, next week "warning" vehicle in an accident light, parking sensor failures and other warning light in red on dash. Took car in, asked us "what gas did we put in it?" We didn't put gas, it's still full of thier "good gas." Kept the car again and now told us they "updated the computer again." Can't drive the car without worrying its going to leave us. Worst new car purchase ever.

12345...8