Used 2003 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

What more could you ask for?
By James Shaver

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Looks good,runs great. It's got style, it's got grace it's a winner

Truly the best vehicle I've ever owned!
By Gayle Davis

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Truly the best vehicle I've ever owned! If they still made the tribute I would buy one immediately. We have had no problems with this car. We bought it new in 2003. The only problem with it now is that has developed a very slight oil leak; we lose very little oil and never have to replenish it between oil changes every six months.

The only reason we are buying a new car is that the safety features of newer cars are important to have.

Over 300,000 miles
By bluechicken

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Mazda Tribute new in December 2002. I live at 6,000 ft elevation on a mountain. For the first 9 years of owning my Tribute, I commuted 100 miles a day, mountain road all the way. My Tribute had no trouble pulling the grade going up the mountain. It performs great in the snow with snow tires. It is a very stable vehicle. I now have 306,000 miles on my Tribute!! The only major repairs I have done is a new alternator at 175,000 miles, at 280,000 the radiator blew. When having the radiator replaced I had the coil packs and spark plugs replaced since they were still original!!! Other than those repairs it was just the normal stuff .. batteries, brakes and oil changes.

Very comfortable interior. Great visibility.

Great little SUV - even after 120K!
By wbzcourt

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am sad to say that I recently totaled my tribute and am now shopping for a new one. I bought my 03 used with 25k miles on it. I was super impressed with its reliability in the 6 years I owned it. Bought new tires once. Major tuneup before a trip at 100k. Other than that - just oil changes. Ran perfectly.

It did have some wind noise which was slightly annoying, but certainly tolerable. Other than that, no complaints. It was the perfect size for our family of four..not too big, not too small. Pretty good mpg. And super fun to drive..very peppy lil guy! I'll miss my trib!

Had everything I needed

Reduce wind noise

The Best Vehicle I've EVER Owned!
By tributetomazda

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it in Nov. '02. I just cleared 170,000 Miles. Sure! There have been some quirky issues. The most annoying: the illuminating light which shows you what gear you are in went out recently and there is a short in a harness that indicates the status of the airbag. I had my power moon roof switch replaced.
Most expensive repair 150,000 mile tune up required the replacement of the "Coil Packs" on all 6 cylinders @ $118 each! With the other routine maintenance I had performed = $1000.
Replaced the Battery @ 170,000. Replaced steering linkage arms "clunking" at 125,000.
First tires went 70,000. Second set 70,000. Now in only the third set. Brakes, somewhere way back when. Oil! Thats it!

Powerful! Will squeel the tires! Towing my 2500lb Bass Boat pushes it a bit! Very Comfortable. Drives beautifully!

Coil Packs are too dang expensive!