Used 2008 Maserati Quattroporte Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Maserati Quattroporte Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quattroporte model:

Great car
By Wounds

2008 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S Automatic 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love the car it drives great

A true Motorhead's car!
By Bob

2008 Maserati Quattroporte Executive GT Automatic 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I'm an old motorhead, former race driver, etc., having owned many performance cars over the years. I had a 2003 Mercedes-Benz CL600 for 5 years and it was braking the bank! For reliability, it was the worst car I have ever owned! I looked for many months for a good replacement and also decided to go with a 4 door car. I found a stunning bespoken 2008 Quattroporte Executive GT car with the most beautiful paint job . . . ever. It has the very rare "blu malogo" paint. For our crappy road conditions in California I believe that 18" wheels would have given a more comfortable ride. My 19" wheels are a bit too stiff, with their low profile. The 4.2 Ferrari V8 performs quite well, especially when you give it some revs. Keep in mind, this is a street car, not a track car and you will be very satisfied. One of the best things I discovered, after owning it for three years, is that, so far, it has been extremely reliable. In fact the only problem that I had was the driver's window-regulator had to be replaced. I chose the 2008 model over newer ones because I thought it best represented the true Maserati sedan styling, such as the classic grille, headlights and tail lights. So far . . . this sweet sedan is a keeper!

Disappointed
By Robert Schaffuan

2008 Maserati Quattroporte Executive GT Automatic 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I am disappointed with this car. I am very glad I set up a lease instead of purchasing it. At first, the car looked stunning in the dealer. I took a test drive, and it drove well on the streets. I wanted to experiment with Maserati. I thought this car was great, until I saw the Mercedes Benz CLS 63 AMG. My lease was nearing an end, and I already had complaints with the car. The rear seat comfort was not acceptable. I didn't realize this, since I am normally the one driving. Also, the Navigation malfunctioned. The power is lacking compared to my former Mercedes Benz E55 AMG. Overall, I think it was a good experience to try the Maserati, because now I now to stick with Mercedes AMG.

I loved the interior. It had a nice touch, ease and convenience, and the build quality was great.

I am not a fan about the appearance. The Mercedes CLS has a much more appealing look. Also, the seats promote an awkward driving position. Finally, it was an overall weak car. I am elated with my new Mercedes CLS 63 AMG, what I consider a sporty, luxurious super-coupe.

Better than expected
By Minneapolitan

2008 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S Automatic 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I was very much ready to lease my third S class when I decided that I should at least explore the possibility of a Quattroporte. Now I cannot fathom ever buying from the Germans again. The car was bought for the looks and sporting credentials but I have been surprised by the quality and reliability. Despite the 20 in wheels the car rides well in the city where it spends most of its time. On the freeway there is plenty of power on tap though the car is downright lazy compared to the AMGs of my past. Regardless, the car is so well balanced, I prefer it. I've always loved cars but now I really love MY car.

The appearance of the car speaks for itself: simply one of the most beautiful sedans even made. But in time I have come to favor the balance between power, handling, and luxury. There is no situation the QP does not handle well.

The telematics of the car are archaic but I bought it because it's a great car, not a great computer. Resale value is horrible, but it's Italian. Servicing costs are high, but it's Italian.

Amazizizing
By Mazeraty Finatico

2008 Maserati Quattroporte Collezione Cento Automatic 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Maserati Quattroporte is about the sexiest sedan you'll ever see, and its Italian craftsmanship reflects passion. Its styling, by the legendary Pininfarina, shows them all how it should be done, without tricks. The lines are so shapely they're striking. Its cabin is roomy for a car this low and stylish, but it's really all about the quality of its materials, with nine shades of leather and six types of wood to choose from. The controls could and should be simpler, but that's true of all the top luxury cars today.

Every square inch of the car.

N/A