Used 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )

Good Now Better Tomorrow
By Dan Mire

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

Owning this Mark viii now is fun, seeing all the extras it has compared to today’s technology shows a lot of great work 24 years ago. As it becomes older, it will be even more appreciated. My young daughter loves being out on Sunday drives in it, already calling it “ our back in the day car “ .

My 1994 Mark VIII - Keep up your PM and will last
By RoyStewart

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

Have had this auto. for 20+ years (15 in storage) have been driving daily - Runs - Rides great - Looks great - Maintenance Cost is somewhat hard to come by as is parts - seems like these cars are still increasing in value (dealer/private) if you can find one - vehicle running great - If you get one that is not ragged out and had PM the Mark VIII will run as per normal will be good to you - 22 year old car with 116,000 miles

$1500 goes a long way
By Nathan

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

The Mark VIII is definitely not without flaws, however it is a really great car. It has never left me stranded, repairs and maintenance are very affordable and fuel mileage is reasonable for a RWD V-8 coupe.
Update 7/4/16: I have ran into some needed repairs as of late, but that is to be expected on a 22 year old car. Still a great, reliable, comfortable car.
Update 1/7/17: I have parted ways with the Lincoln because the repairs needed outweighed the use left in the vehicle. It served me well for 2 1/2 years. The reality of these cars is they are a luxury car and they are now old, as such things will start to break. If you are keeping one long term I recommend changing over to a coilover suspension as the air ride is very expensive to keep up. I also recommend the J mod for the transmission which will improve the life of the transmission as well as shift points. Also I recommend joining the Lincoln Vs. Cadillac forum and the Lincoln Mark VIII enthusiast community on facebook as they will provide much needed advice and point you towards parts which grow more and more scarce. I loved my Mark VIII and I continue to search for another.

Dream car
By caristo

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

I've had two mark VIII's in my life. I haven't had a big problem with either car. I had a 97 Lsc and a 94. My 94 i picked up for a 1000 and i literally have not had to replace anything besides brakes and tires.

It's got a lot of power. I love the way the car looks. My 94 gets 26 mpg right now. My favorite has to be that original air ride though, it's so smooth

My only suggestion would be to bring it back. Such a beautiful car. I have no idea what Lincoln was thinking

Lots of Bang for a Buck
By Stephen Bowers

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 2dr Coupe

I paid $1,900 for my MkVIII with 168k miles and its still very strong in all aspects. Had to repair the power windows ($40 in parts) Needs paint due to flaking clear coat, Needs a Water Pump but otherwise perfect. I cannot imagine why the retail is so low on this fantastic muscle car but Im thankful, which means I can buy another just for drag racing. I have made some mods to the exhaust which really makes it sound as powerful as it really is. This car is SOO MUCH FUN that I still grin and giggle every time I mash that gas pedal down and get sent back in my seat. What else can you buy car wise for under $2,000 that is soo much fun.

Smooth Power, Glass smooth Shifting, Luxury car with the feel of a muscle car.

Headlights are very bad on this car by nature, design flaw by lincoln.