Used 2005 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Lexus LS 430

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (104 reviews )

The Ultra Luxury Edition Nightmare
By Nestor

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I love the car. The interior design seems to be flawless. The smoothness, the quiet ride and comfort are all excellent. A minor problem is I keep hitting the audio button when I am on the touch screen for navigation. I have been to the dealership for a suspension problem four times and so far I have had no luck of getting the problem resolved. The car is sitting higher on one side. The air suspension is a very complicated system since it is controlled by the computer. The Service Manager told me that it is normal to have a variation of up to one inch. The height of the car on one side is much apparently higher. I measured it close to 3/4 of an inch. Consider this comment before buying one.

Sound system is superb. It sounds like I am on my home sound system on the road.

I suggest a better engineering design for the electronically controlled air suspension system.

What a ride!
By Lori L

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I was almost going to get the new GS but the interior was too small and cramped. And the convertible did not include any new and improved safety features. However, when I got a good price, I said why not? Despite some minor annoyances, this car has superior safety features and a superb ride. I lease 2.

Sometimes the car will not start and I have to turn the steering wheel.

Just get that car
By Aram

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The Best car for Summer time, don't drive it in winter, I mean you can but on the snow I wouldn't recommend.

Navigation, moving A/C fan, you can rase car 10 inc up from the original positon depnd on road conditions, a/c seats and much more

Make it better for winter, all other just PERFECT

Great, but still room for improvement
By nickm52

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great car overall. Executive comfort package makes ride enjoyable for all passengers. The car performance-wise is good and It beats out my previously owned benzs and bmws in all of the categories except for handling and exterior design.

Bluetooth phone, rear comfort seats and a lot of the other standard features.

Cars handling and power. Exterior styling is also a must.

Wonderful Car
By Mike

2005 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned most luxury brands, and this is by far the best car I have owned (I got the Modern Luxury package with SmartAccess). I tested the others, but the Lexus was simply in a different league. Ride quality is extraordinary-- both smooth and quiet. The interior is exceptionally well crafted. If you cannot get comfortable in the LS 430's seats, you simply cannot get comfortable in any car. Performance is better than I expected. The LS 430 does not have quite as many technological gadgets as the Acura or Infiniti, but it certainly has enough.

The quiet, smooth ride. XM satellite radio. Not having to fish for my keys.

I would have preferred the navigation system to have better voice activation and that radio and climate work off voice activation, as well. Other cars seem to have slightly larger navigation screens. These are quibbles.