Used 2014 Lexus ES 300h Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Lexus ES 300h Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (15 reviews )

2014 Lexus ES300h Unfortunately is a step back!
By Queen Bee

2014 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my third Lexus and my first hybrid. The 34 mpg and the fact that it runs on "regular" gas is great, however, Lexus made some lower quality moves inside the car that I find quite annoying: They put composition felt (many pieces of different colored felt pressed together) on the sides of each front seat, facing to the console. TACKY!! There is no longer a light in the coin compartment which is located on the far left under the dash, causing one to have to remove change to hold it up to look at it under the light at night: CHEAP! Lastly, I absolutely hate the Lexus GPS system! It was outdated when I bought the car and a year later, when I asked the Lexus dealer to update it, the Lexus service man blew up my whole sound system including the radio (which they replaced free of charge, but I was without my car over a week!). When I received my car back, the GPS was still the same outdated one! As my work involves traveling to new clients daily, I also pay $300 annually for live Lexus Navigation Assistance and they are wrong half the time! and the other half, their system hasn't added new addresses! I finally asked who they use to find addresses and they said BING! I found that I can Google it on my phone and receive more accurate directions, much quicker! When I asked the operator to use Google, she responded that they aren't allowed to use Google! Shame on Lexus for cheapening what used to be a "TOP OF THE LINE" car!

Peppy performance for hybrid
By Chuck Anderson

2014 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you think "hybrid" translates to "doggy," you'd be wrong with this car. Well-built, quiet and smooth ride. All the bells and whistles you need and most of what you want. Recently drove to FL for 3 months; combined mileage for entire trip was 42 mpg

300h
By Ali Keyes

2014 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love the gas mileage. Beautiful interior. I am 5'4" and getting in and out of the car was cumbersome. The navigation system is not user friendly or allows for "dummies" like me.

Great gas mileage!!
By DaveC

2014 Lexus ES 300h 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the 2014 300H 7/2016. In the city, I get 42 to 47 mpg. Highway, it is more like 38. Car is very comfortable. Seat vents work great especially in the summer. Heated steering wheel is a welcome addition in the cold mornings.
I have had the call now for two years. Since it was 'Dealer Certified', all maintenance (oil changes and other fluids, air filter changes, tire rotation and car washes) have all been free. But watch out, every now and then, the dealer tries to 'sell' another service that is not covered (like wheel alignment - which is not necessary unless you have been hitting lots pot holes or curbs). The dealer service are is very clean - and full of light refreshments (fruit, hot chocolate, cookies, chips, soda, etc) plus several rooms to watch whatever TV channel you want while you wait. Did I say they also have WiFi in case you need it.

Love the car so far!