2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Velar model:

Great luxury SUV
By Michael Watkins

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Beautiful inside and out. Infotainment is great although took a few trips to the dealer to work properly. Upgraded seats with 20 way adjustment are very comfy. Recommend 20” wheels and then ride comfort is pretty decent.

Chip service for expensive car
By michael

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

I'm Velar owner and was rejected in several NJ service centers to be provided loaner car in the time of recall services. Recall service is because of Land rover Problems and should be handle by L.R . the car on warranty. I don't understand the reason I should pay for renting car. Contacted with Land Rover USA , not better, answer to my email
"We apologize for your dissatisfaction.. To better assist you, I have forwarded your information to our Customer Relationship Representative, Nancy. She can be reached at , 1-800-637-6837, option 9, ext 1309001. You may reference Case number 8000577844, should you need to contact us. Your situation will be researched and you will be followed up with within two business days." No body pick up phone and no returned call after 5 messages that I left during the week.

Don't do it. The negative reviews are spot on
By Alex

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I leased the SE R-dynamic, V4 because the car was the only one with a modern design and great looks and I though it's a Land Rover what can go wrong?
The answer is a lot. Windshield cracked, JLR said it was because of a stone, it was not it is poor quality. Many people are having the issue. But the biggest issue is the noise level, engine vibration and interior ride quality. There is an unreasonable amount of noise in the cabin while driving and at idle. JLR dealer said this is normal, but at a $65K car this is not acceptable. The stop/start is awful, had it stalls and the restart is do jarring that my kids are getting car sick. So every time I start the car I have to disable it, very annoying and again for a $65K car this is not acceptable.
In summary the car looks great, but that is about it. Would not get it again. Going up on swap a lease ASAP can't live with this car

Land Rover Velar - Don’t buy it
By Carla Veiga

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Expensive luxuary car that is a [non-permissible content removed], manufacter doesn’t care about customer satisfaction. Car has a lots of internal noises and eletric issues. I regret buying this car

My First Range Rover
By Jeff C

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I decided to lease a Velar SE Dynamic-R about 2 months ago. The look of the vehicle really got me. So far I have had zero issues with it as you would expect with it being so new. I was initially concerned about going with the 4-cylinder engine after only having V8s for the past 10 years but the turbo and power from the 4-cylinder were very impressive and adequate for me. The digital screens in the dash and console are amazing. I love being able to project the navigation across the dash. I really only have one complaint so far and that is with the Auto Start/Stop feature. It is defaulted to be on every time you start the car and I have to go into the menu and turn it off every time I get into drive. I wish it was defaulted to off and I only turned it on when I want to use it, which so far is never. I get lots of compliments on the car everywhere I go. The red with the black interior and black out kit on the outside with the 21 inch wheels really stands out from the crowd.