2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Range Rover Velar model:

NOT WORTH THE MONEY, TOO MANY PROBLEMS
By anonymous

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Unfortunately I purchased the vehicle in 02/2018 and the car has been in the dealer 3 times already with check engine and just yesterday it went into malfunction of park brak & emergency park putting the car in no driveable mode, and again leaving me stranded, worst part is calling your dealer and they have no idea how to solve the problem, just give you the roadside assistance to tow your car. The other times the car has had the sensor for the gas cap replaced already since its also malfunction giving you a check engine problem

Great Vehicle That Is Step Forward
By David

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I have owned numerous new Range Rovers over the years including all the body models they make. Most recently was a 2015 Range Rover Sport SuperCharged. The modern look of the Velar appears to have made the other RR's look dated. I selected the 380 R Dynamic HSE. Loaded it up like the First Edition - minus the First Edition Wheel since I like the Gray 21 inch wheel more (it shows allot less brake dust in the matte finish). Performance is good - -and I would have said great - - if not for just having the RR S SC. Other than that extra oomph of the RR Sport's performance I would say I prefer the Velar in all other ways - - from sound system, electronic interface to the lower access height (previous RR has deployable step but the Velar is still a more convenient access height). For the technology blunt buyer there will be a learning curve. Also, having the current MB S class I would actually say I prefer the RR approach on the technology interface - - more intuitive in many ways - - - additionally the customization of the screens and your personalize home screen is nice. And of course, the humorous graphics are funny (when was the last you saw a iconic British Phone Booth used in a car's graphics). Lighting at night is great, I was a bit fearful that high noon sun would minimize some of the screens but that has not been the case. I was not impacted by the defroster recall although it seems like a simple software change (4 zone climate control might not be included in recall). Now on to what is often the biggest concern of a LR or RR buyer - - - reliability - - well other than one recall over the years and one dead accessory battery I have NEVER had an issue with any of my RRs. However there are some things I always mandate - - low miles - - I mean LOW LOW LOW miles (if the vehicle has more than 20 miles) I won't take it. I fear so many vehicles are abused in their first 100 to 200 miles on a dealer lot - so what should be a break-in period is really a 'ya broke it period'. And of course, a demo is off the list because there is no luxury in a vehicle that had a hundred unknown butts all over its seats. Also - - read a bit of the owners manual - - - many people can read countless gossip tweets and boring self absorbed Facebook postings but something you trust with your life, you don't read. I would strongly recommend the vehicle to a person who understands exactly what they are looking to purchase.

Disappointed Velar Owner
By Dc89

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0 4cyl Turbo 8A)

P250 SE R-Dynamic.
Nice but it has issues from DAY 1.
□2 weeks in and the dealership has never gotten the data plan working.
□MPG is reasonable but it has a small 15 gallon tank. □My biggest complaint is "voice control" isnt an option to use the GPS. What kinda BS is that? There is an App to enter your destinations from your phone but its inconvenient when your already on the move.
□Cant lock the doors from the outside with the engine running.
I have a few more questions for my tech when he/she visits that I won't air here. After 1 week, they give you a tutorial.(Im 2 weeks in)
■Great looking
■Very smooth ride
■Dash layout is very customizable

Bottom line, I should have sat with the Tech guy before I made the purchase. The car has some great features but some things don't make since.

Buyer beware
By Lane Gleeson

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I would strongly suggest anyone interested in purchasing a Velar to reconsider. The vehicle’s defrost does not work which is the largest issue. We’ve been told there is a temporary fix.. so we spent $75k on a car that is completely unsafe to drive. The thing that upsets me the most is that this was a demo, whoever drove the car that works at the dealership for 3k miles should have known this. Why wasn’t the issue fixed before selling it?!? In addition the screens continually stop working while driving so we cannot see any of the necessary items while driving (speed, rpms, etc.). Now the sunroof is refusing to close. BUYERS BEWARE. We will be trading in this car ASAP. It’s just so unfortunate that we will lose money on it when these should have been non issues. I will never purchase a Range Rover ever again and I will spread the word. They were clearly not ready to release the Velar but did so anyways.

Velar zooming
By Simon Tusha

2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Looks great runs well so far a real head turner lots of compliments Land Rover is going in great direction but this is more Car and Truck cant wait till the Range Rover looks this great