2020 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Hybrid Consumer Reviews

$46,600

Save as much as $7,169
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Mechanical issues, gas consumption, start stop

Erin H, 01/25/2020
R-Dynamic HSE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 9A)

I have a 2020 Evoque, and the biggest problem is an engine noise that the dealership has attempted to fix 3 times and can’t. Sounds like a 20 year old car. No response from corporate for this official lemon. The start stop issues like other reviewers mention is also aggravating. Bluetooth disconnects every time the car is turned back on and I have to manually reconnect. And this one- the steer assist jerks me out of merging into a lane I’m intending to merge into- even when I use my turn signal like the dealer advised when I informed them of this scary and dangerous issue.

Defective product that should be recalled

Jeff Smith, 11/01/2020
R-Dynamic SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 9A)

I've had so many issues with this vehicle that the dealership (LR Cleveland) actually threw me out and banned me from the dealership because they couldn't and no longer wanted to try service the car. This vehicle is not only unsafe to drive, but it is also falling apart.

Blew away by the Evoque

Zoomkid, 06/26/2019
R-Dynamic HSE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 9A)

Very adept road and in town street handling vehicle... Feels glued to the road and brakes are phenomenal. You can turn the stop/start mode for idling at stop signs on or off with a Simple button you push on the dash... Similar to other Range Rovers...Apple Car Play works nicely and car can be set up as a WiFi hotspot... When using navigation for directions, radio or media automatically go quiet while Navigation voice instructions are being given then return. There is a big load of features on this vehicle and it takes some time to program the vehicle and get it set the way you want and/or understand how to use them... The double touch screen dash is Awesome... You can have the Nav system up and running on one screen and on the other it will be showing album cover of song playing for instance, or cabin comfort controls.. One nice touch is the full size spare in our model... Not a big fan of the can of flat fix in most other vehicle. The rear camera in the rearview mirror feature is incredible for rearward viewing when driving... Works very well... Biggest drawback so far is learning all the features of the HSE model and how to use them... Most of the programming is very intuitive, but some is not... Interior is clone of the higher bracket RR Velar. So far a real fun car to drive... Plenty of zip and gas use is acceptable... Would have preferred the Euro version Diesel but that is not offered in N.A.

It looks great but it’s not as great as it looks

The reviewer guy, 02/11/2020
R-Dynamic HSE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 9A)

Engine start and off option sucks, you can’t turn it off because of the law, but it’s very jumpy, especially over hills and slanted streets. The suspension for my car makes noise, especially after driving for 30 mins. It sounds like there is rocks underneath the car’s tires, contacted the dealer, they drove my car for 300 miles and said there was no noise. I have it on camera that makes noise. Lastly, the audio system is a complete joke.

Absolute Lemon, Unsafe

UnhappyGM, 01/31/2021
R-Dynamic SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 9A)

Every issue and problem that other reviewers have written, i have experienced the same problems. Mine has been in the dealer for service fees multiple times and my car was at the dealer for over a total if 6 weeks in the first year alone. When I finally had enough, I called Land Rover National HQ to complain and was told they would open a formal case file and get back to me quickly with an offer of resolution. I never recieved a call back and I tried to contact them over several weeks with no success and no return calls. Paying for a car that you cant drive and is unsafe and unreliable sucks. Never ever buying another Range Rover.