Used 2019 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews

Used Sorento for Sale
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

Nice car but engine/transmission issues

famattjr, 07/26/2019
EX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 8A)

Great car and ride but around 3500 miles developed what many reviews and discussion forum posts have noted-a "missing" or jerking feeling on acceleration as well as running, hard to tell if it is the engine or the transmission. Two visits to dealer, they say they don't notice it, I've been driving long enough to know when an engine is running rough. Some say it is a software issue, it seems Kia itself does not know how to solve it. To some it might not be noticeable or annoying. Update: 8,000 miles. Still love the car. It still jerks on acceleration but you learn to live with it. That's just the way it is. Brakes are VERY touchy, even other drivers notice it, especially at low speeds, you have to be very careful on the brake pedal. The radio controls are maddening. Scrolling through the touch screen it's easy to "select" a station instead of scrolling past it.

Our Kia Sorento saved our lives

Adam Lupper, 06/13/2019
LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My mom recently bought a 2019 Kia Sorento LX and immediately fell in love. Sadly, the Sorento came to a very sudden, sad death, when a truck pulled out in front of us causing us to t bone it. Totaling both vehicles. I’m giving this Sorento 5 stars on safety because if it wasn’t for its AMAZING safety features we possibly wouldn’t have been alive today. Thank you Kia.

2019 Kia Sorento much better than in the past

Mrs. Eileen Dover, 08/27/2018
SX Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 8A)

We buy a new car every 10 years & wanted all the new safety features which this has. The computer screens were very user friendly unlike the Honda and Toyota, which made a difference. The Nappa leather seats are softer than the standard leather. The driver's seat also has a seat extender if needed (may not be in all trims?) The pick up is fine and all the safety features are easy to set, understand and get accustomed to. The size is nice, it's smaller than the Highlander & Pilot (so it is easier to park) and bigger than the CRV & Rav 4. No CD player on the SXL trim so I ripped 75 of mine onto a 8 GB flash drive and use it all the time. The 10 year warranty gives piece of mind. Until the self driving cars come out, this will be one of our main modes of transportation.

This is a Kia?

mugwump, 08/01/2019
SX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 8A)

This car gets a lot of complements. We do the high school teen car pools, and one thought it was a Mercedes until she got out and saw it was a Kia. No joke. We got the SX model, which is similar to the loaded EX model with the large sunroof. Truly excellent. It's a little slow compared to my Infiniti sports car but my wife doesn't notice. Not sure about the transmission posts but those are probably fake as it's seemingly perfect. There are five drive modes, I usually pick "Sport" but my wife picks "Comfort." Also, we got this after my daughter totaled our Honda Pilot and I wanted the safest vehicle so she would be safe. This comes with every safety feature possible, which even the Volvo we were looking at didn't have many of the safety options. Anyhow, we get a ton of complements on it when people are inside. Outside, well, it's a Kia, which is fine by us.

A Vast Improvement Over Other Cars

Mike McIntyre, 05/30/2019
LX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 8A)

This car is great for a lot of reasons, but I got it for a way to escape the cost of an RV, and still be able to sleep two people confortably. Of note is the quiet, smooth ride and descent mileage despite the V6 we bought. Great mileage at 24 mph for a heavy car with a 6 cylinder engine. We have driven 13,000 miles without a single complaint.

12345...13