Skip to main content
$19,690

Save as much as $114
Select your trim:
12345...11

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 Forte, so we've included reviews for other years of the Forte since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

My GT Line is just fine

Scott D., 01/10/2022
2022 Kia Forte GT-Line 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My Forte is a very good (but not great) little car. It's well made, stylish and comfortable. Which makes my work commute a more pleasant experience. I like how it keeps the road noise down, making it feel like a more expensive car. Overall I am very happy with it thus far. But it isn't a "muscle car", so if that's what you crave, then buy something else. I like that it has a "sport mode" that allows the driver to shift gears but would prefer the paddle shifters like the Forte GT has instead of having to keep your right hand near the shift know. Whether it is in sport mode or not, acceleration from a complete stop is lackluster at best. Once rolling though, it's a lot more fun to drive. On the highway, it holds its own in traffic, lane changes and passing is better than I expected. Exterior lighting, brakes and forward visibility are very good. Rear visibility, not so much. I don't smoke so it took me a while to realize that it doesn't have ash trays (love it!). My top 3 likes; build quality, ride comfort and value for the money. 3 main dislikes; lackluster off the line acceleration, 17" Kuhmo tires follow road imperfections, infotainment system turns off after 10 minutes if engine isn't running (listening to music during lunch break is a challenge). Bottom line, the 2022 Forte GT line is very nice car but could use a few tweaks to make it a great car. I give it 4.5 stars

Better Than You Would Expect

RandyM, 04/29/2022
2022 Kia Forte LXS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my midsize Sonata for the compact 2022 Forte LXS and I thought I would dislike the Kia. I expected a tiny and noisy interior, sluggish acceleration, and a general poverty level feeling. Didn't happen. I'm finding the Forte to be as comfortable as the larger car (in the front seats at least) and more than adequate acceleration. Gas mileage is very good at 44 mpg highway and the handling is much more nimble than my old family sedan. I only gave up one cubic foot of trunk space from the Hyundai, so packing for a long trip is easy. Owned car now six months and everything works and no problems. Parked by a BMW three-series this morning and the similarity in appearance between the cars was gratifying. I owned a 2008 Kia Optima and came to respect that car. The 2022 Forte is on the same path with me. My only regret is that I should have looked at the turbo GT.

18 year old Mazda6...2022 Kia Forte LXS

Jeffrey, 01/05/2022
updated 01/06/2023
2022 Kia Forte LXS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My Mazda6i was a little quicker, handled a little better, but the Forte excelles in driver comfort, quiet ride...and almost twice the gas mileage! Yes, I'm aware of the age difference, but I paid $15,000 for the Mazda in 2003 and only $20,000 for the Forte 18 Years later! I got a good deal then, but a better deal with the Kia...cars have come a long way!

4 out of 5 stars

Very good purchase for me!

seeburg220, 07/07/2022
2022 Kia Forte GT-Line 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

After riding in a friend's 2022 GT-Line a month ago, I went out and bought the exact same car. The two biggest things that sold me on it, were the price and the mpg. My friend is getting 42 hwy. That's all I needed to hear. My 21 year old Tahoe was getting 15mpg on a good day, and costing me $92 to fill it. I have about 800 miles on my Forte now, and I'm getting 40 mpg, which is mostly highway style driving, but includes going up and down a mountain 3x a week to work (which it handles just fine). My only complaints to date, are the lane-assist system and the cruise control. I notice that on a 6 lane divided roadway, I'll be driving in the middle lane at 65-75 mph, and the car will constantly want to hug the right side of the lane, to the point where it was making my hands tired of countering it. Also, the cruise control is REALLY sluggish in acceleration if it had previously slowed down for a slower car ahead. Also, I have the distance to the car in front of me system (I forget the real name) set at 1, which is supposed to be the closest. But, it is still super far back from the car I'm following. I've owned several Fords that had this same system, and they all did a lot better job in both spacing and speed adjustments. I will just avoid using the two features most of the time and drive it manually, which is fine.

Technology Genius

Tee, 08/21/2022
2023 Kia Forte GT-Line 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car has all the additions you would expect in a car that is special ordered costing way more. The quality is exceptional! It drives and maneuvers like a much larger car. Great pickup speed and great gas mileage!

12345...11