Skip to main content
$19,490

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your trim:
12345...7

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 Forte, so we've included reviews for other years of the Forte since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

My GT Line is just fine

Scott D., 01/10/2022
2022 Kia Forte GT-Line 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My Forte is a very good (but not great) little car. It's well made, stylish and comfortable. Which makes my work commute a more pleasant experience. I like how it keeps the road noise down, making it feel like a more expensive car. Overall I am very happy with it thus far. But it isn't a "muscle car", so if that's what you crave, then buy something else. I like that it has a "sport mode" that allows the driver to shift gears but would prefer the paddle shifters like the Forte GT has instead of having to keep your right hand near the shift know. Whether it is in sport mode or not, acceleration from a complete stop is lackluster at best. Once rolling though, it's a lot more fun to drive. On the highway, it holds its own in traffic, lane changes and passing is better than I expected. Exterior lighting, brakes and forward visibility are very good. Rear visibility, not so much. I don't smoke so it took me a while to realize that it doesn't have ash trays (love it!). My top 3 likes; build quality, ride comfort and value for the money. 3 main dislikes; lackluster off the line acceleration, 17" Kuhmo tires follow road imperfections, infotainment system turns off after 10 minutes if engine isn't running (listening to music during lunch break is a challenge). Bottom line, the 2022 Forte GT line is very nice car but could use a few tweaks to make it a great car. I give it 4.5 stars

18 year old Mazda6...2022 Kia Forte LXS

Jeffrey, 01/05/2022
2022 Kia Forte LXS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My Mazda6i was a little quicker, handled a little better, but the Forte excelles in driver comfort, quiet ride...and almost twice the gas mileage! Yes, I'm aware of the age difference, but I paid $15,000 for the Mazda in 2003 and only $20,000 for the Forte 18 Years later! I got a good deal then, but a better deal with the Kia...cars have come a long way!

Better Than You Would Expect

RandyM, 04/29/2022
2022 Kia Forte LXS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my midsize Sonata for the compact 2022 Forte LXS and I thought I would dislike the Kia. I expected a tiny and noisy interior, sluggish acceleration, and a general poverty level feeling. Didn't happen. I'm finding the Forte to be as comfortable as the larger car (in the front seats at least) and more than adequate acceleration. Gas mileage is very good at 44 mpg highway and the handling is much more nimble than my old family sedan. I only gave up one cubic foot of trunk space from the Hyundai, so packing for a long trip is easy. Owned car now six months and everything works and no problems. Parked by a BMW three-series this morning and the similarity in appearance between the cars was gratifying. I owned a 2008 Kia Optima and came to respect that car. The 2022 Forte is on the same path with me. My only regret is that I should have looked at the turbo GT.

GREAT VEHICLE HANDS DOWN

Jose, 06/15/2022
2022 Kia Forte LXS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Before you’re thinking of buying this vehicle you should really read my review. I recently financed a brand new Kia Forte LXS and it’s so much better than what I expected it to be. At first I was going to get a truck but with gas prices skyrocketing I decided to think financially smarter and settle for this car. I got it from a dealership and this car only has 2 miles on it so pretty much brand spanking new. Some of the things I like about this car is that it’s small, but not small. From the outside it does look a little smaller compared to most car BUT the inside is very roomy and comfortable. I should also throw this in there but i’m 6’5 and I’ve had some trouble trying to fit into some vehicles while I was out on the lot trying to find the perfect car and I did not except i’ll able to fit into this one and I was blown away of how comfortable I felt. So if you’re a giant like I am, do yourself a favor and add the LXS to your list! Another thing what I love about the car is how quiet it is but occasionally if it’s quite windy outside you’ll be able to hear it still while you’re inside driving but it isn’t overwhelmingly annoying, just turn up your music a bit louder and you’ll be good! Also since this car is a bit smaller than most cars and lighter, the days that gets really windy I would suggest driving with BOTH hands, if you don’t already, because sometimes you can feel your car move a little whenever the wind pushes but if you’re driving with both hands and of course paying attention while your drive, you shouldn’t have any issues staying in your lane. Also another thing that I love about this vehicle is how affordable it is and the gas mileage. If I were to have gotten a truck I don’t know if I would’ve been able to keep up with it especially with these gas prices nowadays, it’s ridiculous. I would probably cost you $100+ to fill up but with the LXS, the way the gas prices are now, it costs me about $35-$40 to fill the tank and i’m good for the next 4-5 days. I also do a lot of commuting but I were to work close to home then it would definitely last me longer. The trunk space is quite big for this car which I was surprised how much stuff I could fit inside it and it also have room, underneath the trunk mat, for a spare tire! My LXS didn’t come with one but that’s okay because I have extended EXTENDED warranty so if I have problems with my vehicle, under 125k miles, I can just take it back to my local dealership and they’ll take care of it, and remind you my car now only has a little over 10k miles so I have nothing to stress about! Do yourself a favor and check this car out for yourself and I promise you won’t regret it!!

Good and bad

Dee, 09/20/2022
2023 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have been driving Fords but they stopped making cars. So switched to a 2023 Kia Forte. I love the mpg. I average 44-55 mpg, I do drive a lot of freeways. City getting 33-35 depending on red lights. I hit a deer and car manage to have corner bumper damage. So it did well in a crash. My biggest issue with this car is road noise, Apple CarPlay don’t stay connected and radio stinks with nothing much coming out of all the speakers except for the one on the dash. I have to turn the volume up to 45 when in my ford it was 10. Forget about jamming out because you’re not going to have it sound decent. Motor runs pretty smooth and when I first drove it, it was hard not to do 80 mph. The problem with that is car isn’t stable for high speed and vibrates. It does the purpose that I need it to do but if you’re looking for a sports car this is not for you. The backseats good for small children and probably adults on short distance for comfort but it is more compact than a sedan. I purposely bought this car because of the price, the gas mileage and some of the safety features. I drive a lot in my work and go through cars every 3 to 5 years.

3 out of 5 stars