Used 2016 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Fun
By Garrett

2016 Kia Forte SX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a really cheap car when I came home from deployment to save money and very quickly regretted it. After searching for a fun hatchback I settled on the Forte 5 SX for a myriad of reasons. I have absolutely loved this car since I got it. The turbo makes it fun and sporty although I wouldn't necessarily call it a hot hatch it is certainly warm. I've put 9000 miles on it in a little over 6 months with absolutely no problems. If you're looking for a car with a bit of pep and a very comfortable cabin, look no further.

Fun Car!
By Don B

2016 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

first of all, this car is FAST. And BEAUTIFUL. Looks like an Audi A3, or a Mercedes C551. I got a, deal on a new 2016 in snow white with grey leather, moon roof, fully loaded with sun roof, nav, back up camera. Haven't figured out uvo infotainment system yet. Says my usb cable won't transfer data?

toasty (almost "hot") hatchback
By G. Johnson

2016 Kia Forte SX 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Got my 2016 Forte5 SX (6-speed, manual transmission) brand new five months ago, and I am still in love with my turbo hatchback. For my needs, it is the perfect fun-to-drive commuter. It is not as sporty/fast as a VW GTI (which is arguably the leader in affordable hot hatchbacks), but it is much less expensive, it should be much more reliable, and it has a much better warranty. Also, the Forte5 SX has the best seat and driving position I found in any compact car I test-drove (I'm a larger fellow, at 6'2 and 230 lbs). Another plus? The Forte5 SX takes regular gas (not premium like many turbos). I had already decided to buy the car before I even found that out. I'm only getting 27.8 mpg so far, but the gas mileage is slowly getting better the more miles I put on the car. No regrets at all, and I plan on keeping it for a long time. For you car guys out there, the driving dynamics may be a little bit different, but the fun-factor/value reminds me of my old 1998 Civic EX but with a comfortable seat. I'm starting to think that Kia is doing now what Honda was doing in the late 1990s--which is a very good thing indeed.

Update: I remain very happy with my Forte5 SX, and I can't believe that more people don't know about this gem. I can even fit my mountain bike in the back of the hatch with the rear seats folded down (granted that the bike's front wheel needs to be taken off to fit). The ride is sporty but comfortable--perfect for real-world driving--and the car is so practical yet fun, and it is reliable. I have also found the Kia dealerships to be awesome; clearly they place a premium on excellent customer service.

Kia is awsome
By Robert king

2016 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I test drive mazda 3..to cramped inside I am 6 ft tall.even though I would say the mazda was more sporty looking I went with the kia way more bang for the buck

Second KIA and still satisfied
By meisnerjd@gmail.com

2016 Kia Forte LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car as a daily commuter, I drive 90 + miles a day round trip to and from work. I average over 40 mpg. I gave the car five stars in performance because I am rating it against other cars in its class and price range. The manual trans. version (which I drive) accelerates circles around other subcompacts like Corolla, Sentra, Fit (not Hyundai -- same platform). Its cornering isn't amazing, but if I wanted something that took corners great, I'd have had to pay for it. Reviewers who hack on a sub $20K car's performance because it won't compare with that of a $60K sports car are trolls. This is my second KIA, having owned a 2013 Soul which I put 130K miles on with no problems what so ever. Likewise, I have had no issues whatsoever with the Forte. When this one reaches 100K miles, I'll most likely trade it for another KIA. The 100K mile warranty is the best in the industry.