Used 2010 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

2010 Jeep Patriot a Disposable Car
By Big Mike

2010 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The transmission on the Patriot we owned for 3 years was always clunky and started to fail at 80k miles. In addition to the poor transmission the under body and suspension parts have had rust issues. Every year we owned the Patriot if would fail the safety inspection due to rust and suspension issues. This should not happen with a 5 year old car. Overall the Patriot is comfortable to drive but it will leave you stranded. Jeep should be ashamed to put their name on this vehicle.

Far better than expected
By Bryan

2010 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2010 model has less sound deadening than later models, but more than earlier models. I put a lot of miles on a car so it doesn't have much resale value when I'm done with it. After wearing out my fourth Audi, I decided to buy an inexpensive commuter car instead. I didn't want the look of an economy car. Had to have 4WD, and I've always preferred a car with a manual transmission. A cute ute seemed like a good fit, but only Jeep had the combo of a manly disguise, stick shift and reasonable price. Being the most American of all cars you can buy hit me right as well. My Patriot has 200,000 miles on it today. In that time I've spent less than $500 on repairs, and can burn regular gas at 28 MPG. It cost just under $25,000 with the upgrades I ordered, and retains 30% of the original value. love the way an Audi goes down the road, but numbers like this are sure a relief from what I was accustomed to. It feels like it's just getting broken in.

Nightmare money pit
By Anise

2010 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used with 51000 miles. Started having small issues around 60000 miles. Continous problems ever since.Major electrical issues with lights windows. Had to have brain replaced twice. Possibly looking at a 3rd time. Will drive fine one minute next time won't start up. All warning lights go crazy. Sometimes it takes it 3-4 hrs before it will start. Weird humming sounds on occasion. At stops when you push gas it will go to floor but vehicle won't move there is a 1-2 minute delay before it slowly starts to go. This is all intermittent therefore not dependable. Dealership mechanics seem clueless. They drove it several times without a problem before it acted up for them. They still aren't sure. We've replaced all sensors. Some multiple times. Now they are saying it's probably the brain again. Interior is cheap plastic easily. Stay away from this vehicle. It's the worst one I've owned.

2010 freedom drive Latitude, trail rated badge
By Heather Johnston

2010 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First, this is a Jeep. There are no other vehicles which can manage deep sand, snow like a Jeep. You want cheeper 4x4, get a different make. I have owned this vehicle for more than 7 years. I consistently get 21.2 miles around town. Hmmm, does that exist with any other 4x4? The gas tank is small, meaning more frequent fill ups. I hope they make it with a larger gas tank. With seats down, I can fit my 125 lb. shepherd and 75 lb. boxer in this thing along with an American Pitbull weighing about 90 lb. True Jeep enthusiasts say it is only a brand it is not really a Jeep. However, this thing handles like no other vehicle out there. The front control arms needed to be replaced. I hope Jeep improves this in the newer models. The transmission well CVT has its problems, however I still have the original. It is now 2017, my Jeep has over 100,000 miles and still going strong. Runs smooth, no squeaks, creaks, just smooth riding. I had two fords before. One an Explorer the other an Expedition both sounded like they were going to fall apart around 60,000 miles. Neither handled as well as this does in ice, snow or deep sand. Gas mileage remains consistent. I have no idea why Jeeps are rated so poorly.

love my patriot
By Aubrey

2010 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2010 patriot sport in November of 2010 with about 13k on it. it was a rental vehicle. i have put 90k on it in 5 years. this is the best vehicle i have ever owned. i regret not upgrading to leather seats, sunroof, etc. but i'd buy another patriot without hesitation. my dad owns a repair shop that my brother works at and now partially owns. we were raised with GM vehicles. my 05 equinox was the absolute worst vehicle i ever owned. it's so refreshing to have my patriot. i've had only to do the normal maintenance work on it. brakes, tires and some suspension stuff along with the scheduled services. i would recommend this vehicle to anybody. it certainly isn't as fun to bang on as my boyfriend's hemi grand cherokee but i love my patriot and have no plans on getting a new vehicle anytime soon.