Used 2006 Jeep Commander Consumer Reviews - 301 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Commander Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Comfort Jeep
By Larry

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best vehicle I have had. I have owned Jeeps since the 50's. This one beat them all. Comfort, goes anywhere, anytime in comfort. No issues with any mechanical items. Did the maintenance on the scheduled recommended for warranty. Bought extended warranty after the 5 years ran out. Never used it. Some maintenance was pricey but the vehicle has never failed me. Even when the battery is getting low it let me know by slow cranking. The Jeep is 12 years old looks new, has had three batteries, and three sets of tires. It is a Hemi, with the 8,6,4 cylinder running feature. On the road, I can get 24+ mpg. Around town it is 11 or 12. But I am a jack rabbit at stop lights...some of the lack of mileage is my fault. I am now 77 years old and do not plan to buy another vehicle. This one will go out with me.

Best car I’ve owned
By MDD

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Rides nice, goes anywhere, tows or hauls everything I have needed it to. Bought it new 180,000 miles ago with the small V8 which is the engine I would recommend to others. The only downside is 15 mpg fuel economy but I never expected much better than that and for it’s age, weight and drivetrain, I’m not complaining.

Great SUV - Poor fuel economy
By KC Jensen

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I really really like this vehicle - it’s comfortable, reliable, roomy, quiet, smooth and fun to drive. I’ve had Jeeps for 18 years, I’ve loved them all. This one doesn’t dissspoint - and it’s much quieter than the old Cherokees. The fuel mileage sucks, however. I’m getting 11-12 mpg on short hops and my daily commute. 17-18 mpg on highway driving.

Perfect
By Pat Shea

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just what I was looking for totally satisfied great car for the money

Love our Commander!!!!
By Johanna Athas

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased our 2006 Jeep Commander Limited with the V8 Hemi and Quadradrive II 3 years ago. We purchased it from a dealer as a one-owner vehicle with only about 45k miles on it at the time we purchased it (we are currently at about 110k). It was in mint condition inside and out, so we just had to have it. In the 3 years that we have owned our Commander, other than the routine maintenance, we have not had one single problem with this vehicle. My husband drives it to and from work daily, which is about an hour commute each way, and it has been an absolute dream SUV. This is the smoothest, most comfortable riding vehicle we have ever owned. Living in New England, we need a vehicle that handles well in the snow and this Jeep does not disappoint. It will go just about anywhere with ease! We have never once gotten stuck or lost control on slippery roads. We always feel very safe in this vehicle. Even our friends and family have commented that our Commander is one of the most comfortable vehicles that they have ever ridden in. The front heated leather seats are amazing on those cold winter days and the Boston Acoustics premium sound system sounds amazing! Our Commander has the premium entertainment package with the 6-disc CD changer, Sirius/XM satellite radio, and the backseat DVD player, which is nice bonus. We truly are in love with this vehicle and we wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Commander in the future. It's a real shame that Jeep stopped making them. They sure don't make them like this anymore.