2017 INFINITI Q60 Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 INFINITI Q60 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q60 model:

Beware steering system twitch
By DavidB

2017 INFINITI Q60 2.0t Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7A)

I am glad to be here writing this review. Also very glad to read RohanB revuew confirming what happen to me (see his review here to). Like RohanB I was renting this car and had my son with me. I was less fortunate than RohanB I ended up hitting the guard rail and spinning around luckily did not hit any other vehicle. Just like his review going down highway it was raining. If I recall right I was just easily sliding into middle lane and then it went hard right and felt like hydroplaning. I have been driving for almost 30 years. I am not a speeder no speeding ticket since my teenage years. Thank God the other safety features was awesome in the car. We both got out okay...my son had a few bruises...but we are alive and well. I do have the headache of dealing with an out of state wreck but will take that vs other options! There is your PSA from me stay away from adaptive steering technology. Perhaps 99% ok but it's the 1% that matters when it's life or death. I had no idea I was renting a car with that technology. Hert had a row of cars to pick from and since I was with my son we picked the cool looking car! It sure was cool looking. Lesson learned do quick review of car safety issues before picking car at rental.

Glad I rented it before buying it - Beware
By RohanB

2017 INFINITI Q60 3.0t Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

I rented a pretty sweet Infiniti Q60 with the 6-cylinder/300HP engine over the long weekend. Drove about 1,000 miles over Wyoming and Utah, exposed to city and country driving. Interior: Very comfortable but the quality and fit/finish doesn't match up to the Germans. It actually doesn't match up to the quality of fit and finish of my 2012 VW GTI. Exterior: FREAKING BEAUTIFUL. This has to be most beautiful and attention grabbing design within the 50-60K price bracket (save for a Mustang). Everyone takes double looks and it definitely appears like a 100K car. Performance: Straight line performance is amazing, could have a nicer exhaust, but there are several aftermarket solutions without making it sound ricer. Now for the part why I would NOT recommend this car - Steering and Safety: The steering has a mind of it's own - I was constantly making minor corrections on a straight piece of highway doing the speed limit (70 MPH). It seems like the adaptive steering tries to second guess the driver, but as the driver, you don't expect the car to make that correction by itself so you either end up overcorrecting or jerking/lurching the car. Lane changes on the highway became difficult. THE WORST PART - When doing 70MPH in moderate rain, this car almost wiped out. This was again, on a straight piece of road, the steering system twitched and sent the car into a near wipeout, as I almost lost the rear end of this AWD car. I ended up bringing it back in control, but never felt comfortable driving it again, especially since I had my wife in the car and wiping out at 70MPH would have definitely injured (or worse) us both. Absolutely do not recommend this car - I have driven econoboxes that would do better in the rain at these speeds (including my elantra, civic) as well as my amazing (now even more so) VW GTI

Buy it.
By TJ Saye

2017 INFINITI Q60 Red Sport 400 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

Listen, I realize there are a lot of good options in this price range. I know because I've owned most of them. I've been driving the Red Sport now for just under a year... and I'm very, very pleased with the purchase. It's a beautiful car. Inside and out. Fun to drive. Fast enough. In general terms, there aren't many on the road here in Chicagoland... so it gets a ton of looks and comments. I also splurged for the lit front logo, which really pops the car at night. Very sharp. The other thing that separated this vehicles from similar options was the AWD. It handles like gem in poor conditions. Sure, sharp turns on a road with four inches of snow is going to create some sliding (like yesterday with my wife yelling at me) but all in all, it handles very well in bad conditions. I have a steep driveway which looks menacing in snow... and it conquers it like a Jeep during each snow storm. Heck, I pass Jeeps in the snow in this car. So, no problems or worries in bad weather. Yes, there are some imperfections. There's some repetitiveness with controls. Also, while the car does have a backup camera, there's no sensor. Since the vehicle is a sports car... there are times when it's difficult to see what's behind you... and without the sensor... near impossible if another car or person is rolling through a parking lot behind you. One more thing, the car is really beautiful, however, I think they should have added a few more external design options to clearly differentiate it as a Red Sport. At first glance, it really looks the same as other Q60's--and it's not. That's pretty much it. I love the car and would highly recommend it to anyone interested.

dual screen blackouts
By benjamin

2017 INFINITI Q60 Red Sport 400 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

electronics in this car are very bad, turning off and on ,distracting you when driving . you can't enjoy what you pay for.infinity isn't willing to help, they enjoy your money ,but you? what about you and me . we take a big loss.

Comparison: 3.7 VQ, 3.0tt, 3.0tt Red Sport
By Dan

2017 INFINITI Q60 Red Sport 400 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

This review is for the Red Sport AWD Q60. I test drove the 300 hp version (for a week) and I decided to buy the 400 hp version. The 300 hp VR feels similar to the 3.7 VQ engine in overall power (I had a 2014 Q50); with more low end torque on the VR that runs out of juice at around 4.5K, while the naturally aspirated VQ is still going strong to 6.5K. The VR will be quicker off the line, and will feel faster when driving around town. The Red Sport version, on the other hand, is an entirely different animal. Much quicker from stop and awesome when needing to quickly merge with oncoming traffic on highway ramps in Chicagoland. There is a slight turbo lag right off the line and the transmission can be slightly sluggish when shifting in lower gears. Using the paddle shifters make this issue much worse, so I'd just keep the car in automatic and in Sport + mode for the quickest shifting. The only way that you even notice any of this is because the VR engine in the Red Sport is so much quicker off the line than the older VQ engine; which had the same 7 speed auto transmission. I would make three suggestions with regards to choosing options for the Q60. First, you'll want blind spot monitors and driver assistance features; as it is saved me MANY times from changing lanes into a car that was riding behind me in my blind spot. The Q50's visibility was fine without this feature, but the more sexy Q60 profile has one major limitation; massive rear quarter blind spots. Also, the around view monitor allows you to park this car effortlessly, without curbing your wheels. Second, if you enjoy performance oriented driving, I'd skip the Direct Adaptive Steering. Version 2.0 is better, but it still needs further refinement. The standard electric steering is quite good; much better than the older VQs hydraulic rack. Most reviews of this car that complain about the Q60s steering have a fully loaded Q60; with the DAS option. What a shame, as the standard rack is excellent. The only trade off is that you do loose some additional features that are packaged with DAS (adaptive cruse control, lane keeping, etc.). However, Infiniti still gives you 2 settings for the electric steering; standard and sport, which is great and fine for most people. Third, please consider changing out those horrible run flat OEM tires! The handling, ride quality, steering, and braking all improve significantly. A tire change completely transforms this car. You have no idea how well this car can perform with better tires. The Run Flats on the Red Sport can kick the back end out of the car when you take a sharp turn and it will hydroplane in heavy rain. I wouldn't even attempt to use these in the snow. Cornering also feels unstable with stock tires and the steering is way too heavy. Did I mention that the ride is brutal with the Run Flats, even in the "comfort" mode? Before I changed the tires, I considered returning the Q60 due to the very harsh ride quality. This would have been a huge mistake! As with the DAS optioned on almost all test cars, all reviews that I've read that complain about both the handling and the ride quality... are also using the OEM Run Flats. (Continental DWS 06s go very well with this model). Also, I must say that I am happy the the gas millage. I average 23 mpg with mixed highway / city driving. I got 21 mpg with the 3.7 VQ. Mileage actually improved with the addition of 72 hp! Thanks twin turbos and better cooling. Lastly, if you shop around you can get some really great deals on this car. (A well-optioned Q60 Red Sport AWD can be had for the mid-50Ks). Cross shopping, I felt that I would probably need to jump to around 80k+ to improve on this car's performance. Even then, you may not be able to match the Q60's good looks. Yes, I'm looking at you Lexus LC! Oh, one last comment, the sport seats in the Q60 are amazingly comfortable compared to my older Q50s, and even the current Q50s, seats. No back problems at all on a 750 mile one-day drive!