Used 2004 Hyundai XG350 Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Hyundai XG350 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XG350 model:

Decent, comfy sedan with fun luxury surprises!
By Kitkat7

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently sold my 2004 Hyundai XG350L after owning it for three years. It was already older and had some miles on it, so I did end up doing a number of repairs on the car, but I feel that is normal for any 10+ year-old vehicle. After purchasing it with ~117,000 miles, I ended up replacing the head gaskets, power steering pump assembly, and the a/c compressor, as well as updating the media player. I also made some normal maintenance replacements: tires, brakes, battery. Pretty normal, I think. The issues I had were a radiator leak that could not be diagnosed (I had to make sure to top it off monthly), electrical problems (sunroof & frontseat overhead light panel never worked-it also developed a thing where it would lock the entire car when you closed the passenger front door). By the time I sold it, several dash lights were on. The airbag light came on a couple of months after I bought the car (after doing some research I found this issue has been reported before for this car, and might be related to the seat that automatically moves forward/backward, inadvertently disconnecting the airbag wires). I never had this problem diagnosed or fixed, though, because I believed it would be too expensive relative to the car's value. Over the last year that I had the car, the ABS brake light began turning on/off as well. It was coming time to replace the timing belt and, along with the other existing issues, I felt it was time to get a new car. Having said all that, I did really enjoy this car. It was affordable and had a lot of luxury features I'd never had before: leather seats, autodimming rearview mirror, heated seats, Infinity audio system, driver seat that automatically moved forward/backward to make entry easier, great climate controls, etc. I thought it was a neat car, and I even liked its fake wood paneling. To me, this car had character and pizazz. It's very roomy and comfortable if you regularly have two or more passengers. It is very comfortable to drive & accelerates pretty well (it does have a wide turning radius though-not the best for navigating in tight quarters). All in all, if you are on a budget and find one of these cars that has been well maintained, I'd recommend it.

The genesis if the Genesis
By Ed Klein

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Doubtful you can get your hands on one of these in great shape . We have had our for TEN YEARS , and have never needed to add oil , brake or transmission fluids We have added very little coolant and , of course , windshield wash ! We have replaced tires 3 times , I think there is a actual real spare tire but never needed it We bought AAA+ road service , but why ? People frequently tell us they thought it was a more recent model Lincoln . We have always kept current on the maintenence schedule according to the handbook , which I somehow misplaced , but probably won't need . Better car than our past Audis , Maxima and Hyundai Sonata . It even beats our VW van and MGB-GT or many decades ago . LOVE IT

VALUE FOR THE MONEY
By Leonard Lamb

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What more can you say? What more can you ask for? It beats out all cars in it's class and many above it. I came by this car by accident. Best accident I have ever had.

Second best car I've owned . Feels luxury !
By Edvark

2004 Hyundai XG350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very comfortable and smooth car styled for the older , upper middle-class . Often mistaken for a Lincoln of similar vintage , very classy . Great safety features and amazing warranty . Only car I enjoyed better was a Lotus Europa during my wasted youth .

Great Value safety and luxury
By Bob Breen

2004 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is an amazing and luxurious ride. Reliability, good looks, leather heated seats moon roof and power everything. It's a 2004 and all the accessories still work like new.