Used 2009 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews - 243 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Hyundai Genesis Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Genesis model:

Car of the Year 2009
By Jon Herr

2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

With a little over 50,000 miles, the interior and exterior still hold their newness, so well crafted and engineered, we have enjoyed this vehicle, we have the sense it is well manufactured, solid, dependable, whether in town or on road trips. We did found; while living in rural Wyoming from 2009 to 2014, even with all terrain tires, the vehicle did not do so well on icy roads and snow, tended to get stuck, we,wish it had an all wheel drive available at the time of purchase. Our new location with these city, we do not experience those problems. Our Hyundai gets out a few times a week, quite a beauty, has a very unique and elegant look to it. Awesome vehicle.

Impressed every time I drive my Genesis!
By Miles

2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The Hyundai Genesis Sedan is a wonderful used car. In the past I've owned big heavy V8, rear-wheel drive cars- but the Genesis is unbelievably refined. There is little to no cabin noise whatsoever, this is really noticeable on the highway. Nice quiet drive, smooth shifting transmission, and plenty of power for a luxury sedan. It's not a wolf in sheep's clothing like BMW's and Mercedes can be when optioned properly, but if you're looking for a luxury car like the Genesis, you probably don't concern yourself with such juvenile attributes. This car is a comfortable, quiet, smooth car that has been extremely reliable. My Genesis sedan now has 130,000 miles on it and it stills looks and feels like I just drove out of the showroom. If you're spending a lot of time on the road, you'll want to spring for the optional Technology Package, Premium Package, and Premium Plus Package. This includes a wonderful navigation system with the same type of I-Drive out of BMW and Lexus, a seriously stellar sound system made by Lexicon- only found in Rolls Royce, and a slew of creature comforts like heated/cooled seats, perforated leather, etc.. If you don't feel the need to blend in with the wannabe BMW and Lexus drivers who finance ridiculously expensive cars that don't have half of the options, give the Genesis a try.

great value
By curtis radel

love it

Love my Genesis
By Julia Olmsted

2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

You can't go wrong with a Genesis. I am so happy with mine and wouldn't drive anything else after having this vehicle.

Loved my 09' Genesis
By Deidre Dunbar

2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I drove a Mercedes E320 prior to buying my Genesis. I had less maintenance issues, and interior cosmetic damages in the Genesis than I did with the Mercedes. My next car will be the Genesis G80 Sport!!