Used 1996 Honda Passport Consumer Reviews

$841 - $1,694

Used Passport for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Not Bad after all

Rhea, 10/28/2002

I purchased this vehicle as an inbetween from an old clunker suv until I can afford a brand new one. This has felt like a new car, No mechanical problems, door locks like to stay down on the unlock though, and I personally can't stand the automatic locking doors as soon as the ignition key is turned! (took me three times of getting locked out while motor running to get many duplicate keys made!) Goes thru 1 qt oil every 2-3k. Lifters make a bit more noise than I think they should. But other than that, It's been a nice car, Getting ready to look for that Brand new one soon!

The Lemon

Sucking the Lemon, 12/27/2002

This is a lemon. I heartily recommend that anyone considering this vehicle look elsewhere. Be aware it is NOT a Honda - it is an Isuzu with a Honda badge, so forget about Honda's reputation. This should be judged as an Isuzu Rodeo.

review

enzo, 06/25/2002

too boxy, needs better gas milage

Works For me.

Robbs, 11/26/2002

I have had this SUV for the last two years and havent had a problem with it yet.

It's Like a Family Member!

jgs, 07/23/2003

The Passport has been the absolute best vehicle I have ever owned. Previous vehicles owned, Accord, Civic, BMW, Dodge Ram and VW. It has been trouble free. I have had new tires, shocks installed and general tune-ups. The reason I am writing this review is that it is now totaled from a fool pulling out into my lane. I will offer the insurance a reduced settlement in order to keep it and find someone to repair it! I LOVE THE PASSPORT THAT MUCH! Yes the door locks stick and it is using some oil but it has been an extremely inexpensive vehicle to drive. By the way...GREAT crash protection. Absorbed much of the collision with minor injury to myself.