2018 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 168 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Tire Trouble
By EY

2018 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought a 2018 Honda CRV in December 2017. I could not be more disappointed. I commute to work about 120 miles a day. The tires on the back of the car are worn at 23,000 miles. I was told this was acceptable, however I disagree. Also, Honda claims that the car alerts consumers when the tires need to be rotated. However, they fail to say it is not an indicator that comes up on the dashboard (like the oil change light), but a code you have to open the maintenance portion of the information panel of the car. Finally, I have had issues with my iPhone connection in the car, which controls the radio, apps, navigation, etc. Sometimes all apps are present and working. Sometimes they are not. Apps are on your phone and disappear without warning from the screen. Overall, on paper this looks like a great car, but in real life, it is a true disappointment! Do not buy!

Sold on honda
By Buck

2018 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The 2018 Honda CR-V is my fifth Honda. I like it for style, reliability, and value. This 2018 Crv feel very luxurious, It feel that I am in a more expensive car but without the price.I am a very practical guy,I buy for value. Honda has met all my expectations in my car needs. I like nice cars but why pay a higher price when you don't have to.I don't like to show off with a expensive car,money in the bank make me more happier.

1st time Honda buyer
By sparky

2018 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Great to drive. handles great. comfy. sporty. quite

OMG! I love this vehicle!
By Chuck Pugh

2018 Honda CR-V EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Congratulations, Honda! Please pass along my thanks to your designers and engineers. Love the way it looks (black exterior with black leather interior). Love the way it rides, handles and performs. Love that it is quiet and feels so solid (CVT much quieter than the CVT in the Rogue I rented for two weeks before buying the CRV). Love the safety features, including the adaptive cruise control. (How do you even do that?). Love the back seats (friends sitting in the back can't believe how much room and comfort it offers). Love the gas mileage so far (around town - driving in econ mode - I'm averaging 32 mph. That's so good that I'm not yet prepared to say it's accurate. (I opted for the slightly better gas mileage of FWD after researching AWD on-line and deciding I didn't need it). How is it even possible to design and produce a 190-hp, turbo SUV that weighs 3300 pounds, goes from 0 to 60 in 7.6 seconds, is this comfortable, quiet and roomy, has this much storage space (76 sq. ft. with back seats down so I can fit my bike in back with no problems), and still get such good mileage on regular gasoline? And I love the many little thoughtful things I can do, like program the doors to lock automatically when I exit the vehicle without having to press the key fob (too much trouble :-)) and being able to view turn-by-turn directions on the dash directly in front of me as I drive. This vehicle is just stunningly good at every level. No wonder it's at or near the top of virtually every reviewer's "top compact SUV" list. (Example: U.S. News: #1 (out of 18 vehicles) in Compact SUVs ; #1 (out of 35) in SUVs with Two Rows; #1 (out of 49) in Crossover SUVs). And for those of you who haven't bought a new car for a few years, you're in for a treat, with Apple Carplay (or Google Play) and all of the new safety technology. Leaving my Jetta after nine years and moving into this CRV is like dying and going to heaven. Love the ease of entry and visibility from the higher seating position. No wonder buyers are abandoning sedans and moving into SUVs. Anyway, this one is a marvel and driving places is fun again. It actually has made my life better, sort of like when I got my first computer in the 80's or my first iPhone in June 2007. So... just in case you missed it... I love my CRV! :-)

Great SUV
By Tatiana Graham

2018 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The 2018 CR-V is not the car of the year for nothing. You can see that a lot of thought went into most of the design elements of the car. The gas mileage is great considering the pickup. No problems entering the highway. Lots of storage (though we'd have like to see a shallow tray under the center armrest instead of a cavernous space). So far, no real complaints with anything.