2018 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 260 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Gas in my engine oil
By Chris

2018 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Bought a new car but was not expecting these issues with this car. I understand people do not typically respond to these forums unless there is a issue that was not satisfactorily resolved. Here is mine. At 4500 miles, started looking into first oil change, I change my oil every 5000 so I look at the color of the oil and its was black with consistency of water, and about 1 -1.5 qt above the full mark. Take into dealer and they claim, "Overfilled at factory, no problem here." I told them about the gas smell, they told me no gas here, was told " if there was a problem, Honda would of told us." Investigated on line, found oil-dilution problem on Earth Dreams engine. China and JAPAN stopped shipment, Canada required Honda to do something major, not sure what. Crickets from Honda USA. Gasoline is getting into oil possibly through the piston rings from the injectors. I'm sure my oil has lost its viscosity once diluted. Engine bearing love gasoline lubrication (sarcasm here). Honda initially tried to get away with blaming it on drivers, too many short trips, no warm-ups etc... Other problems are, engine temp gauge is very erratic. Up and down. Inside cabin will not get warm even when driving a long time. Electric steering slams up again against the rack when reaching the end of turn. Acceleration sucks. Sorry Honda, you have known about this oil-dilution issue back in early 2017 and still no fix? I'll be hard pressed to buy another Honda after this. Last Honda I had had a serious issue with they also claimed ignorance. I thought it was a one-time only issue. Clearly it was a critical component failure issue. I'm not a lawsuit kinda person but sometimes that is the only way you can get their attention.

Fair weather car
By S Moore

2018 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

New car 5000 miles. Driving in rain thru Altanta and the dash lights up Adaptive collision control stopped working. Cruise control quit working. Brake system yellow light lit up. Talk about fear factor in heavy traffic. Stopped our trip early to call a dealer and re read the manual. We learned....it may clear up with clear weather. So the bottom line is sensory safe technology will go out in the rain. We did learn if the brake system light remains yellow it is safe to drive. The next day about 4 hours later in dry weather it cleared up. When we return home going to check out the Subaru.

Chevy Owner
By Chevt Owner

2018 Honda CR-V Touring 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The car handles well overall / the only thing I would suggest is more comfort added to the front passenger seat !!!

Poor quality
By JC

2018 Honda CR-V Touring 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Engine oil dilution from gasoline getting mixed in causing oil level to be too high-no fix. Audio awful. Infotainment system glitches regularly. Arm rest inconveniently slides forward and backward when u try to adjust ur seating position. Foot activated hatch opening rarely works. Gas mileage varies substantially with temperature. Dealer experiences have been poor. Question if glitches actually happen and ask for video of it. Not impressed at all. $35k can buy a lot better SUV than this. Mazda, chevy and Toyota all feel nicer.

2018 Honda CR V 4 month owner review
By Judy Jacob

2018 Honda CR-V Touring 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

We have owned our 2018 CR V Touring since June of this year. Its November 2018 and we are trading in the car for another brand. Many problems with the car. Tire noise, road noise in the cabin that is unacceptable. Engine noise on acceleration that makes it sound like you have a lawn mower under the hood. Interior lights do not work. Bright lights do not turn automatically like they are supposed to and can not be turned manually. On two separate occasions we received error messages on the 2 safety systems (cruise control, land departure and crash avoidance) saying they had all failed and were inop. So surprised to have all these issues from a Honda.