2020 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $4,224
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

GMC Terrain for the win

Jake446, 06/21/2020
SLE 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I purchased the GMC Terrain SLE FWD and my wife loves it. It drives well, handles well, and is overall a nicer vehicle than the similar Chevy Equinox. With all the incentives that GMC had, we got it at the same price as a less equipped, base Equinox, but the GMC has much more features and overall nicer interior. The 1.5L engine is plenty for us as we are not aggressive drivers. My only sight dislike so far is the push or pull buttons for Park, Drive, Reverse. Not used to those just yet. Overall highly recommended.

Compared to the CRV...

K squared, 03/24/2020
SLT 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I drive a CRV at work all day in all kinds of Phoenix metro traffic. It is OK but my 2020 Terrain has it beat overall in my opinion. The 2.0 turbo is zippy, and quiet. I drove a 2020 1.5L turbo up to Flagstaff and I would recommend the bigger engine, glad I bought it. The CRV and its CVT transmission is loud and annoying on the freeway. Hard to keep a consistent speed on the freeway which drives me nuts. I notice the Terrain has a quieter cabin because I can hear people talk on the phone. I am 6’9 and would always like more legroom but the console of the CRV digs into my right leg, in the Terrain it does not. I am still getting used to no shifter but the extra room is nice. To me the only thing the CRV wins in the comparison is it gets really good gas mileage & it has never been in the shop for a repair in 88,000 miles (1 1/2 years). I hope the Terrain is comparable in that area! Not sure I agree with all the CRV hype and the experts ragging on the Terrain. I like the look of the Terrain and 18/19/20’s look WAY better than its boxy predecessor.

5 out of 5 stars

One of the nicer choices in this size range SUV

Dave, 01/07/2020
Denali 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Literally I don't know what Edmunds reviewed -- I recently checked out all the small-mid SUV's at the LA auto show and was surprised to find the Terrain to my liking. My brother has a CX-5 which is very nice, good materials and it drives quiet and handles well, but just feels cramped up front for me (6ft, 240lb guy). It feels roomier than most competitors including CX-5, has decent materials throughout, and the option for a very powerful 2.0L Turbo. I then test drove one and it drives really nice, very quiet ride, awesome acceleration, smooth shifting 9-speed. Nice storage in back and a folding front passenger seat to carry 8ft long items -- nothing else I've found has this! Edmunds must be paid by Honda or something. I wouldn't touch their models with CVT. Needless to say, I'm 90% sold this will be my next vehicle.

Ad
Build Your Terrain
At a Glance:
  • 8 Colors
  • 4 Trims
  • $28,400starting MSRP
Build & PriceGMC.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

Excellent value

Dutch, 12/16/2019
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Purchased Terrain AWD Denali MSRP of $43,780 for $30,475 after rebates and GM rewards. It has heated/cooled seats, adaptive cruise, heated rear seats, rear vision camera, lane change alert etc. Drives great and gets very good mileage.

Wha.... what?

DomDriver, 10/09/2020
SLT 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

As a current Terrain owner (AWD SLT 2.0), I am perplexed as to what vehicle Edmunds actually drove? My Terrain is a perfect balance of sport and luxury along with making terrific gas mileage as a daily driver. I guess the 1.5 turned them off to the point that they lowered all of the other categories to reduce the score. Seems ridiculous to get bent out of shape over an engine designed for fuel economy and not drag racing. But if that's not your desire, upgrade to the 2.0 and you won't be disappointed.

12345...6