Used 2016 Ford Transit Van Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Transit Van Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Transit Van model:

Be careful
By Scott Howard

2016 Ford Transit Van 150 Low Roof 3dr Cargo Van w/148" WB, 60/40 Passenger Side Door (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I loved this van at first, coming off my F250 Econoline, the motor in the new Van is awesome, fast, torquey and the 6 speed transmission with manual overdrive for downhills was great. 19-21mpg. Brakes were 1000% better than the old van. However, I replaced the old van front brakes every 45K miles and rears never got replaced in 250k miles. Never! The new Transit van goes through rear brakes like vitamins, and I'm easy on brakes. I'm at 30k and they are gone, some people report 15k on rears. I've already had to have the posi-traction rear end replaced at 30k under warranty. Now the MyTouch Sync system went blank, as in dead. So its back to the dealer for more warranty. They are taking care of it, but I'm not sure Ford realizes we buy cars to drive them, not be their experimental test beds. How can you go from never replacing rear brakes to every 30k miles. Sure they work better, so isn't there some common ground in between those 2 concepts. Hmmm?

Big investment, bigger disappointment
By Jimmy

2016 Ford Transit Van 250 Medium Roof 3dr Cargo Van w/148" WB, Sliding Passenger Side Door (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Self employed HVAC installer. I opted for the 3.5 eco boost turbo. Wow if it wasn’t for the endless power, I would be out of my mind angry. 12 mpg...Too many problems for a new vehicle. First, the hesitation when shifting into reverse. Annoying. Then the interior lights won’t go off if doors are left open. They’re supposed to. After Ford replaced the Bcm, still on. Had to get a lot of jump starts. Then tore the front of the interior apart! A piece of the wiring harnesses missing... can’t communicate w/ Bcm. (Body cntrl module) Ford still trying to figure out what to do. The little things: drive shaft flex coupling has to be replaced every 30,000 miles, rear brakes wore at 20,000 mls. Have to pull axle out to replace pads, tires wear out fast, very involved job aligning front end! Seam in drivers door blocks mirror, backup camera screen too small, storage is poorly designed (stuff falls of/out) it goes on and on...wort thing: this is my source of income. Every time it goes to the dealer I sit and loose money....

Service Trch HVAC
By RAW

Had E250 had no problem with it, 195,000 on it. Got the new Transit 150 I have to say that it is the biggest piece of junk I have ever had to drive. Being 6' 2" and 220lbs. There is now comfort zone when driving and getting in and out. Hope Ford goes back and re-think there vans.

so far so good
By dave on the Cape

2016 Ford Transit Van 250 Low Roof 3dr Cargo Van w/130" WB, Sliding Passenger Side Door (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

so far I like this van. everything is operating as it should Have put 2000 miles on it so still new-new van. I like the looks from the outside, in business and want a professional looking van. But make o mistake, it's still big and boxy which make it hard in parking lots, lumber yards, ect. I wanted a bigger interior so I knew what I was getting. The cab is great. Modern looking, and with cap'n chairs you can find your right fit. Wish the wheel came back a little further for some added leg room. Not a big deal but seems like a better fit for me, I'm 6-1". I got the nav. set up. Not impressed with it so far...The visability is a problem looking out the pass. side barn doors to the back. I have a partition wall up but its still difficult to see oncomming traffis if you are at a stop and you need to look back and right. Partially my fault for putting in the safety partition but didn't want to get my head decapitated on a sudden stop-impact with my cargo. On the highway the bigger winds just have there way with it. Again, boxy sides get pushed around, but wanted the interior space so I deal with the blowing aroung it does. All in all so far so good.

FOUND ON ROAD DEAD
By Geoff

DO NOT BUY THIS VAN!!!!!!! Biggest piece of junk i have ever wasted my money on. 2016 Ford Transit 250 3.2 liter Diesel. 3,000 miles had the first of many problems. #1. DEF fluid sensor replaced. #2. Door trim falling off all over Van. #3. Brakes, back ones at 8,500 miles then front at 15,000 miles. with a total of 48,000 miles on Van i've had 3 sets of front and back brakes so far. #4. Van is burning Radiator fluid like crazy. #5. Today it overheated for the first time and i'm pretty sure the motor is trashed. Do not ever and i mean ever buy a new diesel van or Vehicle that needs DEF fluid, doesn't matter if its Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Mercedes, or Sprinter.