Used 1997 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Ford Thunderbird Consumer Reviews

LX 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic - (55 reviews )

1997 Thunderbird still runs like new
By nelson

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

My 97 Thunderbird has the 4.8 V8. I changed the intake manifold , brake pads, water pump, spark plugs, sway bars, new carpet & tires. this car is easy to work on if you are handy, best car I have ever had. The 4.6 engine is made to go forever, that's why Police cars & Taxies got 400 thousand miles on this engine. Maintain this car and it won't let you down. Parts for this car are plenty & modest priced at your local part house.

Still a nice car for a 1997
By nelson

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

Best cat I have ever owns, after market part are reasonable for this car from your local Part House. I decided to do the brakes, Intake manifold, spark plugs, water pump, sway bars, cleaned up the EGR valve, new tires, new carpet kit, new belts, new hoses, oil & filter, injector O rings. The car is like new after about 1100 bucks in parts and my time and labor . the 4.6 engine is one of the greatest engines, the Police cars use them & Taxi Cabs , you can run this car 4 ever!!

this V* is downright GREAT
By Bob Ric

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

The 1997 Ford Thunderbird is actually Fords version of the Hot Rod Lincoln. With Detroit V-8 SOHC power, 4 wheel disc brakes, and true full independent suspension, this car is real fun to drive, extremely comfortable, and packed with power to gobble up the pavement. I just installed a true dual exhaust system, low restriction cats and mufflers ( magnaflows) and put the heavy battery in the trunk. My thunderbird really wants to go, and is very good on gas considering its size. I absolutely love this car, and its body design always looks sporty and up to date. Actually this is my 4th Bird, starting my crave with an 85. Hsave you driven a Ford lately? This one is awesome !

Great car when givin' TLC
By Simon Black

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

This is a car Iv'e had for 7 years now. Only 118,000 miles, and has plenty of life left. Only odd issue I had was a transmisson failure. But besides that I can work on almost anything on this car. Can't afford a new one now, but will be hoping to get a couple of more years of life out of it before I can get something newer. The Japanese models don't do it for me. The seats are far more comfy than the foreign models. Would like a Charger, or maybe a Crown Vic next.

Great car
By Trevon

1997 Ford Thunderbird LX 2dr Coupe

I was born in 97. My mom got this car when I was born she drove it everyday as a family car it was just me, her and my brother. Once she got a new car my brother drove it now I'm driving it and the only thing that's really wrong with it is that it needs a paint job. Now I drive it and even though I love mustang this is still one of my favorite cars. I love speed the only thing I wish this car had was more speed but anyway I'll never get rid of this car for any other car.