Used 2004 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews

Used Taurus for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...30

Pros
Cons

COMFORT, FUEL, SNOW, CRASH

aardvark, 01/20/2010
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I found it to be a very comfortable car,I'm 5 ft and could see well out back when reversing. I found it a little scary going on ramps on highways, at the posted speed, felt like car wanted to overturn. Bad gas consumption, 12-13 miles per gallon in town between 13-20 at best on highway. Car skidded very easily on snow. It had great tires, so I think car was just light in back. Had a horrific wreck and survived and I believe it was because car was built well and I wore my seatbelt. But I am thinking of buying another Taurus. I did love my car.

2004 Ford Taurus SE

David, 04/09/2008
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I put a considerable amount of miles on this car each year; mostly highway. Car has averaged 20mpg. For the most part the Taurus has been reliable, but soon after I passed 60,000 miles (warranty expire) I started to have nagging issues. I performed the regular maintenance, but mechanical elements still broke down (i.e. transmission, alternator, etc.)

Excellent value.

khc410, 10/14/2011
SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Taurus wagon used 2 years ago . I get 28mpg on highway. No major problem over the past 2 years. In addition to trip odometer, the dash also shows mpg and miles to empty fuel. I found those very useful. Traction control and ABS added peace of mind. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase.

Decent student car for the money

SDLA, 12/01/2009
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car overall. The body construction is solid, and it has comfortable seats. This is a great student car for the money; just boring to drive and look at.

Functional Vehicle

ottem82, 01/13/2010
SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great point A to point B vehicle. There is nothing exciting or flashy about it, at the same time it is comfortable, gets decent mileage, and is quite reliable. I bought it with 108000 on it and currently have 146000. I change the oil, put gas in it and drive it. Mileage in everyday driving is 21-25. On the highway driving 80 with the AC on 27-29. Overall it was cheap to purchase and easy to own. If the transmission holds up I'm hoping to run it past 200000.

12345...30