Used 2014 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

1.0 L Ecoboost worst engine design ever
By Alberto

2014 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I originally bought this car in a 5 sp manual with 45k with few non major problems. For one, the actuators in the car are very cheap and had to replace the fan actuator and ac vent actuators. The transmission synchros were under designed for the cars improved torque up to 148 ft lb. The main problem with car is the awful aluminum head with cast iron block design which causes uneven warping. This is especially dumb with a highly stressed small turbo engine leading to a blown head gasket. Now the car is basically totalled and I only put 8 k miles on it.

Saved my life
By Doug

2014 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I’m not going to lie...I was skeptical when I first bought the car. I went from a large sedan to a subcompact hatchback. I fell in love with this car. Even though it’s only 120hp it still has a powerful feel to it because I feel that’s all this car really needs. The steering is very agile and responsive. It’s no sports car by any means but it’s definitely fun to drive, especially on long country roads. Despite the horsepower it still gets up there on highways also. The transmission was a little funky but when I brought the concern to the dealership they fixed it right away and now you wouldn’t even know it had a problem to begin with. The room for rear passengers is tight but manageable and the trunk is pretty big for a car in its class. This car also saved my life and maybe that’s why I’m a little biased to it. I was with friends driving home one day in the rain when the car in front of me got cut off. The other driver slammed on his brakes and I had little to no response time going 40 mph in the pouring rain. I slammed right into the back of him and me and my friends walked away with little to no injuries expect total shock. My fiesta was still driveable and only had exterior damage to the bumper and headlight. In any other car I feel the damage would have been much more extensive. My car was repaired and still drives on the road today with no signs it was even in an accident. I wouldn’t trade this car for the world (at least not right now lol). If you’re looking for a reliable car that’s good on gas, fun to drive, and is safe then the fiesta is the way to go

Ford Fiesta 2014. Bad idea
By Crystal

2014 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a Ford Fiesta 2014 in March. The Sound was Popping on and off for the longest time. We took it to the Ford dealership 2x visited 2x to complain of loud popping from the radio. They kept saying "The diagnostics didn't show anything". Now our radio doesn't come on at all the sound makes high pitch noises, scratchy noises, and terrible. We went to a car machanic guy and he says "Yeah, he had 3-4 of the same vehicles with this issue." He said it is the chip in it which costs $500 to fix." If you're looking into this vehicle please note there is also no physical Locks on the doors either which could possibly mess up and should be considered a safety hazard. We have had this car for only 10 months and is MORE TROUBLE than it is Worth.

Faulty tranny problems
By Lauren Scapin

2014 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ford Fiesta have a faulty transmission, Ford is aware and extended the warranty. However the problem is the faulty tranny causes the clutches to fail which is an $1800 repair and this they don't cover!! NEVER BUY A FORD!!

Nice little car at first but problems
By Chris

2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It's a small compact car I got for my wife. Have only had about a month, but seems very nice. Got it with 11,000 miles. My wife uses locally, but it's pretty decent. The pick up is good for a little car. It's titanium model so it loaded with extras, heated seats, navigation, leather seats, moon roof. Anyway car was $11,000, it's 2014, so no complaints so far.

UPDATE
Bought from dealership in Feb 2017. Put about 2000 miles on car last year, not much. Transmission needed TCM module and new clutch in transmission. Was covered by warranty, but 13,000 miles?
Had to replace front pads and rotors. Not sure if from past owner, but 13,000...really.
Now the switch on power mirrors not working, and needs new motor for blend door on front defrost because makes loud noise.