Used 2013 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

ABSOLUTE TRASH!!!!
By Ash.

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I went into a Toyota dealership and make the biggest mistake of my life coming out with this piece of garbage Ford. I will NEVER purchase another Ford single handedly off the fact that their dealerships are an absolute disgrace. My car recently started grinding 4th gear. Brought it into a dealership and even after test driving it WITH their "master transmission mechanic" and getting it to grind he told me it's because my foot was hovering over the clutch pedal the second I released the clutch. Which has nothing to do with a gear grinding or my transmission issue. They drove the car for 10mins and couldn't get it to grind before this and just decided to tell me I needed a $1500+ clutch replacement without actually even diagnosing or tearing down my car to see the real issue. I even have an extended warranty and he absolutely refused to even look at my car after I proved him wrong. Saying " well just pull back into the dealership and let the service advisor deal with you". What a sad excuse for a tech. Kelly Ford holds its reputation with me now ! Dont ever purchase this car or a Ford in general because all they'll do is scam you.

Shocked at Edmund's Description
By teacher from Ohio

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Check the history if you buy any Fiesta. Mine has been a disaster. 6 clutches since I bought it new. 5 transmission "fixes" I alter my way to work every day of my life because I can't be certain that the car will have enough "pick up" speed to get on the highway. I have had all kinds of transmission and clutch issues. The worst is that as an honest person I can't sell this car to anyone. I will have to trade it in and get next to nothing.

Dont even cosider it
By George

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ford you dang Shure don't have a better idea with this pile of Metal junk. A tranny that is a Joke a interior that a 5 foot man cant see anything out of it Visibility in this sardine can is afull,and the Car should be banned on all Major roads in the USA,and Major insurance company's should not insure any year of this car.Ford should be made to buy back ever one of them abortions. Even after they fixed the Tranny it still acts like a sick sick non functioning tin can concert

RUN AWAY FROM THIS CAR
By Cbyers6300

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2013 Ford Fiesta. In the 12 months I've owned the car we've continuously had electrical and transmission issues. It shifts hard or not at all, the lights go out with the heater is on, the heater goes off when the radio is on, the car turns off while stopped at red lights, etc. A ford dealership finally changed out the transmission last month after I had it in multiple times but only did so when I told them I knew it was under recall. They did not offer this recall to me. They blamed the electrical issues on the transmission. They finally changed out the transmission in Jan 2018. The problems came back three weeks later and the dealership blamed it on the alternator this time. We paid the $500 to have the alternator changed and the car is still shifting hard, running at 4000 rpms in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear, dying at red lights, etc. How do I solve these problems once and for all you ask? Sell the lemon and move on with my life. Or at least that is my plan. Ford has not been helpful at all in solving this problem once and for all.

built ford junk
By bj

2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

unless you want to die in a car do not purchase this car.