2017 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Great small SUV that replaced a crappy FCA Sedan.
By Don Hayes

2017 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Was shopping for a new 2017 sedan at several local dealerships. I test drove several brands ending up a my local Ford dealer. Test drove a Fusion, but like other sedans driven. They looked great, but were tight with rear seating and poor entry and exit due to the roof lines. The Ford salesman ask if I had driven an Escape. So my first test drive of a black Escape Titanium Awd sold me. Easy to enter and exit. Roomy for it's size hauling 4 or 5 adults, drives and rides equal to or better than the sedans I test drove. Attractive inside and out. Lots of technology features like navigation/adaptive cruise. Comfortable heated leather front seats, comfortable reclining and foldable rear seats. peppy 2.0 Ecoboost and so on. After 16 months and 17,000 miles. No issues. If your vehicle shopping. I recommend a look and test drive. I was always a Chrysler fan, but that changes quickly after purchasing a then new 2015 200S V6. I'm a pretty patient man, but that car changed my outlook. I really love my Escape.

Good practical car.
By Lawrence Beutlich

2017 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I liked this car. It was light years ahead of compititators. I only traded it because I needed a truck. Otherwise i'd keep it for years.

Disappointed
By August

2017 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got a bad car. Bought it in January 2017 exactly a year after my nightmare began I had been taking to dealer for repairs 5 times they told was fine. Then I took to another, they end up replacing the engine. After that I still experience problems every 2 weeks is something new.

What's not to like
By Neil Davis

2017 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Pros: For a 24k crossover suv honestly? 245 HP out of a 2L 4Cyl turbo, acceleration is fantastic. Heated seats, SYNC is excellent with android or iphone/ipad/ipod , AC outlet (really?) 2 USB ports. Cons: hold on tight for the torque steer. All that power comes at a price without sophisticated anti-torque steer technology. Not a big deal, as long as you remember to hold on tight when taking off fast, so you don't end up in the next lane. It's not an AWD porsche. I opted out of the navigation. SYNC plus a phone does the same job. Overall: It's impossible to beat an upper tier ford escape for the amount of money you spend. This is the third new Ford I've owned and I really have no desire to look elsewhere. I've owned a Mustang GT, a 4 dr focus SES, and this Escape with 2.0L ecoboost L4 turbo. I had a 2017 Chevy Impala V6 for a rental car and was surprisingly underwhelmed by the acceleration, MPG and handling compared to my escape. I couldn't wait to get it back... I do a lot of hard city driving and still average 23MPG, get 31MPG on the highway. There's a reason you're seeing a lot of EcoBoost Escape police interceptors... it's a crossover pocket rocket for the budget conscious driver.

Best of the best
By Pat

2017 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Fantastic SUV, great performance in eco boost engine. Great ride and best looking on the market. Quality way above all foreign made. Tried Honda, Hyundai, etc. They don't hold a candle compared to the Escape!