Used 2012 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

America's Top SUV - NOT WORTH THE $$$
By Jim

2012 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car new, five yrs old now w/75,000mi., the rig is falling apart ! Rust blistering around the rear wheels (which I see on most units), tailgate rust, tailgate will not work (does not open any longer), horn doesn't work (took to the dealership-they claim the part is $60......to put it on is over $200 !), heater will not blow on your feet (where else would you want it), when we got it, it averages 28-30mpg, 5yrs old it get 23mpg ??? My v-8 truck gets the same and this unit has a 4cylinder/2wd ! Trying to buy USA, hard to do with the crap FORD makes.

Multi-use vehicle.
By M. T.

2012 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Rear visibility a lot better than new SUV's. Back hatch window open's. Reliable.

The only SUV for me
By Vanessa Alvarez-Sellon

2012 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my Ford Escape it is my second one I upgraded which is why I'm on my second I Love This SUV very much I'm only 5'2 so for me this SUV is perfect in the fact that I can get in and out of it I can use all compartments perfectly and I don't have to be jumping I have plenty of room the seat goes up for me I moved from Colorado to Texas with a trailer on the back of this SUV and it did wonderful it gets great gas mileage when you accelerate of course because it's a 4-cylinder it's not going to go 0 to 60 in a few seconds it takes a little longer but that's where you get better gas mileage by having a smaller sized engine it's great for commuting great for going to the mountains great for just about everything I would recommend this car I didn't fact I have my best friend has the same vehicle but in red and she loves it I hope everyone reading this review will purchase one and loved it just as much as I - Vanessa Alvarez-Sellon

Rusty but reliable
By Daron Hill

2012 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased extra paint protection to ensure against rust but at 5.5 years old no warranty coverage from the manufacture or the add on protection ($750 wasted investment) we just have a rusty investment. Very disappointing and will prevent us for a few purchases from buying Ford products. I was a Ford devotee until now. The transmission is also quirky with how it shifts from first to second (a bit jerky at times).

After owning this for 18 months...
By Pepper

2012 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2012 Ford Escape Limited Edition for the following reasons. I wanted comfort and I got it with this vehicle. I needed a wider cargo door and wider cargo space and got it with this vehicle without having to get a larger SUV. It seats you higher than other SUVs in its class. Here are the negatives. There is a tiny leak in the rear window when it rains hard. You can read about it all over the internet. Ford does not know how to fix it. But it's only when it rains hard and it is tiny. It has plenty of power for a 4 cylinder engine, but there is hesitation upon acceleration. So far, I'm happy with this vehicle.