Used 2012 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Escape the Road
By Natalie Dorsett

2012 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Really nothing I don't like about my 2012 Escape. I may even consider another one when I'm ready to buy a new vehicle. I'll just need to check out my options, because I would like to have the backup camera and I don't know if the new ones are equipped. It's the perfect size for me to run around town in or a short get away.

2012 Ford Escape 6cyl Limited
By George

2012 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

They do not make the 2012 style any longer so if you like the 2012 look then you need to buy a used Escape. I love my car and it has performed well. I bought it new in 2012 and now have 94,000 miles on it. No major repairs...knock on wood.

America's Top SUV - NOT WORTH THE $$$
By Jim

2012 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car new, five yrs old now w/75,000mi., the rig is falling apart ! Rust blistering around the rear wheels (which I see on most units), tailgate rust, tailgate will not work (does not open any longer), horn doesn't work (took to the dealership-they claim the part is $60......to put it on is over $200 !), heater will not blow on your feet (where else would you want it), when we got it, it averages 28-30mpg, 5yrs old it get 23mpg ??? My v-8 truck gets the same and this unit has a 4cylinder/2wd ! Trying to buy USA, hard to do with the crap FORD makes.

Multi-use vehicle.
By M. T.

2012 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Rear visibility a lot better than new SUV's. Back hatch window open's. Reliable.

The only SUV for me
By Vanessa Alvarez-Sellon

2012 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my Ford Escape it is my second one I upgraded which is why I'm on my second I Love This SUV very much I'm only 5'2 so for me this SUV is perfect in the fact that I can get in and out of it I can use all compartments perfectly and I don't have to be jumping I have plenty of room the seat goes up for me I moved from Colorado to Texas with a trailer on the back of this SUV and it did wonderful it gets great gas mileage when you accelerate of course because it's a 4-cylinder it's not going to go 0 to 60 in a few seconds it takes a little longer but that's where you get better gas mileage by having a smaller sized engine it's great for commuting great for going to the mountains great for just about everything I would recommend this car I didn't fact I have my best friend has the same vehicle but in red and she loves it I hope everyone reading this review will purchase one and loved it just as much as I - Vanessa Alvarez-Sellon